Having a clear and practical organisational strategy is key to success in the public sector. It can help enhance performance and provide better and more efficient delivery of services.
However, implementing a new strategy is not always simple. Attending this Understanding Strategic Implementation course will help you put your new organisational strategy into practice.
You’ll learn to use the 4 Key Themes of Strategic Implementation and gain valuable communication and management tools to help tackle any challenges that may arise.
Whether it’s securing senior buy-in or communicating the strategy across the entire organisation, this course will give you the tools and the right preparation to ensure your strategy is delivered smoothly and successfully.
|About the Chair: David Elverson
|David is a change management and stakeholder expert, with a passion to help create more effective services. He trains a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, entrepreneurial acumen and stakeholder management.
He has worked extensively across the public, third and private sectors to get them to improve the way they deliver services. David has provided these services for many NHS Trusts, a variety of local authorities and the Science and Technology Facilities Council in the public sector.
David has worked on strategic implementation projects, such as the merger of two science councils to form the Science and Technology Facilities Council and the merger of Saga, Allied Healthcare and Nestor healthcare to form the largest social care business in the country.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:15
- What is your organisation’s strategy?
- Is it change-ready?
- Create a plan to implement the strategic objective and achieve success using Mintzberg’s 5 Ps of strategy and test using an Implementation Readiness Assessment
11:15 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:45
Effectively Communicate Your Strategy
- Communicate strategy to key decision-makers to obtain senior level buy-in
- Learn how to effectively pitch and position a strategic vision to colleagues though using tools and techniques for influencing
- Persuasion will be looked at and applied to strategic implementation
- Use stakeholder analysis to better engage with internal and external stakeholders
- Utilise management tools to identify how to best work with stakeholders to achieve strategic goals
13:45 - 14:45
Managing Organisational, Cultural and Structural Change
- Overcome obstacles to implementing strategic objectives
- Consider how to adapt systems and processes to facilitate your aims using Johnson and Scholes Cultural Web
- Identify the barriers to change using Force Field Analysis to work out the most suitable approach
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Evaluating and Improving the Implementation Process
- Evaluate and improve the implementation process
- Adapt to deliver the outcomes of the plan
- Bring together the 4 key themes you have learned during the day and develop a framework for strategic implementation to take back to your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]