The prospects for universities to produce a contemporary digital learning experience for students is vast. Institutions can use new digital tools and systems to evolve their current practices and radically improve student experience.
As learner expectations continue to rise, universities must embrace digital innovation throughout the student journey.
This Transforming Digital Student Experience in Higher Education course, chaired by Fiona Harvey, President for The Association for Learning Technology, will give delegates the necessary tools to advance the student experience, through examining new modes of digital learning and using technology to improve student engagement.
Delegates will explore innovative digital learning and engagement models, learn how to improve the digital literacy of staff and develop an action plan for creating an effective digital experience strategy for your students
Chair's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Transforming the Digital Student Experience
- Explore the benefits of utilising technology in improving student experience
- Share ideas on overcoming the challenges of implementing a digital experience strategy
- Examine key elements of evolving digital experience content
- Understand the needs and expectations of current and potential students
Innovative Modes of Digital Delivery in Higher Education
- Learn about UELs competency-based learning programme
- Explore different digital approaches to teaching and assessment
- Evaluating and adapting traditional approaches to cultivate digital change
- How to build a comprehensive digital system, taking a holistic approach to digital learning across the entire student journey
Transforming Digital Student Experience and Engagement
- Share best practice in using technology and social media to improve student experience and engagement
- Design more effective student services using various digital platforms
- Implement effective digital feedback channels to student satisfaction
- Create personalised student experiences using digital tools
Engagement as partners in developing our digital curriculum
- A whole institutional approach to digital curriculum development
- Responding to our Digital Learning Strategy
- Developing digital literacy in students and staff
- Embedding interdisciplinary programme innovation and recognition
Create an Effective Digital Experience Strategy
- Explore how to develop a comprehensive digital experience strategy for students
- Analyse the barriers to realising improvements in transforming digital delivery and how to overcome them
- Explore practical examples of implementing new digital learning and engagement approaches, including using social media
- Produce next steps action plan for implementing a comprehensive digital experience strategy in your university
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
etc. Venues – Victoria, LondonOne Drummond Gate,
020 3735 8600
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
To find out more about this training course and tailoring it to your requirements, please contact:
Group booking discounts available