Being able to ensure your external suppliers are performing successfully is crucial within the public sector in order to create savings and ensure public finances are being spent effectively. With the House of Commons outlining in a 2018 report* that they spend £251.5 billion per year on outsourcing and contracting, a figure which means 13.7% of GDP is being spent on public procurement, a strategic approach is essential to meet the challenges of dealing with external suppliers and ensuring excellent performance across the board.
Large-scale organisations often deal with a significant number of external suppliers, meaning efficiency and effectiveness can be difficult to achieve. Attend this one-day, interactive training course with procurement expert, Gillian King, to develop a strategy for successful supplier performance management and ensure your organisation is delivering the best value within public services. Learn how to alleviate risks and identify potential issues, while guaranteeing that all of your suppliers comply with their contracts.
* House of Commons Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee, After Carillion: Public sector outsourcing and contracting (July 2018)
|About the Trainer: Gillian King
|Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in the Finance and IT industry.
Gillian has been a professional trainer and speaker for 10 years’. She is also a current trainer and assessor for the CIPS professional examinations.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
The Supplier Performance Management Process
- Understand the fundamental principles of effective supplier performance management
- Learn the key pillars of supplier performance management; including ensuring value, successful engagement, effective processes and collaboration
- Hear real life case studies from within the public sector whose organisations operate within an effective operational framework
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Ensuring Positive Strategic Relationships
- Master how to ensure positive and effective communication with a number of external suppliers
- Understand strategies to develop positive working behaviours
- Know when tendering and negotiation can come into the communication process
- The importance of collaborative working and holding up your end of the bargain
12:00 - 13:00
Supplier Performance Measurement
- Learn a number of useful assessment and evaluation tools
- Effective use and application of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensuring that your organisation’s KPIs are not just transactional but strategic
- Setting up strong processes for Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Understanding the importance of consistency and ensuring consistent high standards within a framework
14:00 - 14:45
Quality Assurance and Managing Risk
- How to ensure quality is delivered across all of your supplier relationships
- Guaranteeing that all suppliers are operating at the same high level
- Discover strategies for identifying and managing risk
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Creating an Effective Supplier Relationship Management Framework
- Outline criteria by which your external suppliers can be measured
- Develop measurable, achievable targets to assess progress
- Gain advice from the Chair to produce an action plan for implementation back at work
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
De Vere West One
9-10 Portland Place