Delegation is a critical skill which benefits everyone, yet delegation remains one of the most underutilized and underdeveloped management capabilities. Successfully delegating to others boosts their confidence and helps them gain new skills whilst gaining you valuable time and improving your productivity.
This highly practical Successful Delegation course has been created to improve your leadership skills and help you understand why, when, and how to delegate effectively. Learn how to empower your colleagues remotely by communicating clearly what needs to be done to deliver the best outcomes, without micro-managing.
Through practical workshops and exercises, this course gives you the tools and techniques to share tasks, establish controls, provide support and recognition whilst improving accountability. Leave the day with practical actions to adapt your management style to the changing working environment and motivate your team.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|About the Chair: Marie Thake
|Marie Thake worked for 14 years in people development roles for companies such as Prudential, HBOS, and The Rugby Football Union and then established her own business and became a People Consultant 9 years ago.
Her career included Leading teams to deliver organisational vision and strategy and delivering People development strategies to ensure organisations workforces were developed and invested in. Marie feels passionately about people being the vital resource that can shape and grow a business to success. We are all wonderfully unique and it is about harnessing those strengths in us to achieve our goals and aims.
Marie’s academic background was studying Business, Finance and Law and then progressing to another of her passion’s – understanding human behaviour and our ability to learn using a growth mind-set. She went on to study Well-being, Human behaviour, Employee engagement, emotional intelligence, NLP and the ability to build resilience and how we can adapt to change.
As a Consultant Marie’s priorities are always to ensure the focus stays firmly on building a learning culture to ensure that all the new solutions introduced are embraced successfully. Introducing successful people development interventions and ensuring the learning encourages permanent change is a philosophy Marie feels strongly about.
Marie also qualified as a coach 12 years ago and works with organisations to develop their senior teams through one-to-one coaching. This style is also evident in her training where she encourages reflection and self-awareness to encourage delegates to change their habits to fully embrace the new skills and knowledge they have learnt.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Introduction and Welcome
10:00 - 10:45
What Does Good Delegation Look Like
- Define what effective delegation is
- Consider your leadership styles and how it relates to delegation
- Test yourself: How well do you delegate currently?
- Identify your barriers to delegating and identify situations when you need to delegate more
10:45 - 11:30
Empowering and Upskilling Your Team
- What does your team need: identifying what skillsets to develop in order to be able to delegate
- Coaching your team to succeed in their roles
- Ensuring effective decision-making and achieving accountability
- Empowering and motivating your team through the process
11:30 - 11:45
11:45 - 12:30
Monitoring and Evaluating Delegated Tasks
- Define what is success: setting your goal, targets, and deadlines
- Share tasks and responsibility without overwhelming your team
- Build trust and respect by managing your team’s expectations
- How to avoid micro-management
13:15 - 13:30
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
13:30 - 14:45
Workshop: Communicating with Your Team
Delegates will plan what needs to be done and how to achieve a productive conversation. They will also receive feedback on their communication skills.
- Communicate clearly the objectives and overall vision
- Anticipate potential challenges of the task and offer solutions
- Motivate while asserting what needs to be done
- Clarifying the desired results
- Engaging team members as partners in delivering tasks, projects, and objectives
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 15:45
Workshop: Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Use empowering language and constructive criticism
- Understand their responses and adapt your own
- Incorporate feedback and adapt accordingly
15:45 - 16:00
Action-Planning: Adapting Your Current Delegating Style
In this session delegates will think about how to integrate what they have learned so far in their day-to-day role.
16:00 - 16:15
Trainer’s Closing Remarks