All organisations face constant change. Within the public sector, these changes can result from both internal and external factors: restructuring, budget changes, technological changes, changes in government policy, or new programme rollouts. Big or small, all changes have an impact on how your organisation and employees function day-to-day.
During these periods of flux, it is crucial that organisations have the ability to adapt and perform in order to ensure a successful transition. It is important that you have a thorough, well planned, change management strategy; one which allows you to ensure your people are with you and have the right capability to secure positive results.
This course provides you with the tools to lead change effectively which will make certain that your transition is as smooth as possible. Learn how to adapt change models to a variety of situations, how to build the most effective change team, diagnose and conquer potential roadblocks, and how best to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
After attending this course, you will feel more confident, and better equipped with the necessary skills and tactics to manage your organisation’s transformation path with ease.
|About the Chair: Nicola Lowit
|Nicola is an experienced Senior Civil Servant, trainer, facilitator, and mindfulness teacher. With a background in learning and development, she worked in the voluntary sector and for the Open University before joining Central Government as an Education Advisor to prisons in England and Wales. Since then, Nicola has worked in a number of high profile roles within the Prison Service and the Ministry of Justice, and others. Find out more…
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
Change Models and Theories
- Examining and identifying commonly used change models and crucial aspects of strategies
- Consider what components are necessary to construct an effective change plan
- Practice adapting these models to examples of public sector organisation transformations
10:30 - 11:15
Leading Change in Your Organisation
- Create a thorough and comprehensive understanding of why the change is necessary
- Build realistic plans to achieve goals
- Identify the milestones that will need to be taken to undergo change
- Pinpoint exactly which areas within organisations will be impacted by change both directly and indirectly
11:15 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:00
Leadership and Team Building
- Identify key people and roles for an effective change team
- Acquire tools to ensure commitment and motivation of lead team members
- Tracking and reporting – monitoring progress of change at all levels
12:00 - 12:45
Effectively Communicating Change
- How do you bring people with you?
- Adapting communication techniques and methods for your audiences
- Building a successful business case
13:45 - 14:30
Facing Possible Challenges
- Adaptability, preparedness, and expecting the unexpected
- Common causes of failure
- The time, cost, quality dilemma
- Managing risk
- Engagement and resistance
14:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Develop Practical Strategies to Implement in Your Organisation
- Overview and analysis of real examples of changes that worked and didn’t work
- Working in small teams, apply problem solving techniques to counter various examples of challenges
- With guidance, outline and construct your own unique change management strategy, tailored to your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]