Success in the delivery of any project, programme or policy is dependent on the effective management of stakeholders. Without the support and buy-in from key contributors, projects face the risk of failure.
Dealing with a variety of stakeholders with different, and sometimes, competing interests can be challenging. This course examines how to identify stakeholders and develop a communication plan and strategies to engage them.
Stakeholder views and expectations can change over the project lifecycle therefore the trainer will work with you to create a dynamic plan to preserve relationships during the life of a project. Learn how to overcome conflict with stakeholders and build strong relationships thus increasing confidence and the speed of problem solving and decision-making.
Attend this A Guide to Successful Stakeholder Management training course to perfect your stakeholder management skills. Take away tools to achieve stakeholder buy-in to support your organisation’s objectives. Learn how to identify and map key stakeholders, effectively manage conversations and how to evaluate stakeholder relationships.
|About the Chair: David Elverson
|David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
Stakeholder Management: Key Principles
- Understand the importance of effective stakeholder management in any project or programme
- Identify key challenges for your organisation in stakeholder management
- What makes a successful stakeholder relationship and partnership working
- Identify best practice on effective stakeholder management
10:30 - 11:00
Understanding your Organisational Objectives
- How to identify key objectives within a project or programme
- Ascertain which stakeholders will contribute to these objectives
- Outline objectives, responsibilities and obligations of all parties
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:15
Identifying and Mapping Stakeholders
- How to successfully map stakeholders within a project or programme
- Examine different types of stakeholder maps
- How to effectively identify diverse varieties of stakeholders
- Prioritising stakeholders during the life of a project
- Develop your own stakeholder mapping template
12:15 - 13:15
Develop Communication Strategies for Stakeholders
In this session, delegates will work on practical exercises with the chair to help engage with key stakeholders and develop a communication strategy for their projects and programmes
- Manage conversations with stakeholders
- Define responsibilities and roles in partnership working
- Select communication methodologies to best influence and engage
- Effective language, style and tone to create persuasive communications
14:15 - 16:00
Evaluating Stakeholder Relationships
In this session, delegates will learn how to monitor, analyse and evaluate stakeholder relationships and develop stakeholder strategies in order to achieve your organisational goals
- How to evaluate relationships with your stakeholders
- Monitor and preserve relationships during the life of a project or programme
- Develop skills in overcoming conflict with stakeholders
- Learn from your stakeholder relationships to maintain and manage your organisational goals
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, London
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]