The ability to make an impression when you speak is an invaluable tool.
Join communications consultant Sandra Miller on this one-day interactive training course to maximise your verbal ability. Sandra has over 15 years’ experience as a communication skills consultant, trainer and coach, working with bodies like Greenwich PCT, Bexley Council and the BBC, as well as leading private firms Deloitte and JP Morgan.
Attendees will receive individual feedback from the challenging practical exercises to ensure they learn how to speak confidently, retain an audience’s attention, and feel in control.
Learn the common pitfalls with public speaking and feel safe in the knowledge that all delegates are attending for the same reason.
- Understand the impact of first impressions
- Focus on how you can improve initial impressions
The 7 Ingredients of Excellent Communication
- Learn the 7 key ingredients to effective verbal communication
- Start to fold them into how you think about speaking
Preparation and Structure
- Unlock how you prepare and structure your speech and presentations
- Focus on the first words you speak, and how they affect perception
- Develop a robust, confident style
- Use relaxation, breathing and voice work to strengthen the foundations of your verbal skills
- Build spontaneity and dynamism into your verbal communication
- Energise talks you’ve given before, and ensure the audience is fully engaged and absorbed
- Give a final presentation
- Compare to earlier work and gauge progress
- Take concrete lessons from throughout the day and put them into practice
- Build a plan to take learning forward, and make sure that the lessons learned are put into practice in the workplace
- Maximise the impact of the day by selecting achievable aims and objectives for personal verbal development
Feedback & Close
Hilton Carlton – Edinburgh19 North Bridge
0131 472 3000
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available