The estimated running costs of the public estate is well over £50bn a year. As services face pressure to manage these costs, they must also meet growing demand for services and provide a productive working environment for staff.
Smart working strategies enhance estate rationalisation programmes and deliver benefits to all stakeholders, including improvements in staff work-life balance, more effective and flexible services, and reduced workplace waste.
Attend this Optimising Smart Working Strategies course to discover new approaches to teamwork and management, and consider best practice for a performance focused culture.
Join leading smart working expert Jenny Baynes, on this highly interactive course to learn from award winning public sector case studies. Benefit from workshops that equip you with crucial skills to implement workplace transformation and achieve buy-in across your organisation.
Chair's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
What is Smart Working?
- Understand the cultural, legal and economic drivers of smart working
- Identify costs and benefits the shift from “presenteeism” to smart working practices
- Consider smart working strategies across people, policies, performance and premises
Developing Effective Workstyles
- Discover smart working models
- Determine the most productive practices for your organisation and team
- Gain the tools to identify and overcome wasteful practices
- Consider performance management techniques for remote teams
Case Study: Adopting a Smart Approach
- Developing a collaborative approach to delivering the principles of a modern council and sharing innovation across the authority
- Overcoming efficiency challenges by promoting the integration of IT, property and organisational development
- Identifying solutions through a mobile working strategy for a dispersed workforce of people and facilitating flexible working, paperless offices and hot-desking
- Creating business and cultural change, delivering and tracking benefits to the council and stakeholders
Leading Smart Working Transformations
Supporting colleagues, managers and remote workers through smart working transformations
- Consider the holistic business case: beyond employee benefits and statutory requirements towards enhancing productivity
- Achieve organisational buy-in and overcome barriers to change
- Gain the tools to conduct a robust and in-depth consultation process
- Create a culture of trust and autonomy, overcoming risk of isolation
Case Study: Developing a Smarter Working Programme
- Redesigning office spaces and consolidating estates to support flexible working principles
- Driving productivity benefits from new ways of working
- Effective use of staff surveys to measure staff engagement, motivation and satisfaction
- Developing a network of smart working champions to drive the cultural change
Develop Your Smart Working Action Plan
- Identify key areas to enhance your organisation’s current working practices
- Map key stakeholders and begin creating your Smarter Working business and communication plans
- Leave with your action plan to implement Smarter Working across your teams and organisation
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available