Public sector organisations continue to provide excellent and innovative services to a range of service users, whilst facing financial constraints. In order to deliver these excellent services, it is essential that you have more effective income generation strategies in place.
By understanding the legal complexities to income generation and developing more effective income generation strategies, your organisation will be better placed to generate more revenue.
This Optimising Income Generation training course enables your organisation to maximise your revenue streams. You will leave the day with a full understanding of the practical tools to enabling and sustaining income generation.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Opening Remarks and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 12:00
Extended Legal Workshop: The Legalities of Income Generation
In this extended workshop session understand and overcome the legal complexities to income generation.
- Navigate the legal processes of integrating more commercial practices in to your organisation
- Understand the legal framework of the General Power of Competence to develop effective trading services
- Mitigate the legal risk to your organisation
- Learn from best and bad practice case studies
- Gain an overview of company law when setting up a trading entity
- Consider contract and procurement law when it comes to income generation
- Learn the legal constraints and opportunities of income generation within your organisation
12:00 - 13:00
Successful Income Generation in Action: Effectively Managing Commercial Ventures
- Aligning your commercial strategy to your organisation’s needs
- Identify what things you need to do, to succeed commercially and generate income
- Identify the services your organisation could monetise
- Develop the governance needed to successfully sustain income generation projects
- Identify how to successfully blend a public sector ethos with commercial acumen
- Utilise continuous improvement tools to change cultures and increase financial performance
- Gain practical tools to sustain revenue generation
- Identify and overcome common pitfalls in running a commercial ventures
- Learn how to gain senior buy-in from key stakeholders; senior managers, councillors and directors
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Develop Successful Income Generation Strategies
In this extended workshop session gain the tools and knowledge to help generate more revenue for your organisation.
- Enhance your governance to enable innovation and a healthy return on your investment
- Develop a winning brand to ensure revenue generation
- Learn to create a compelling value proposition: aligning your offer with customer needs
- Understand how to improve your bids and tender win rate
- Learn how to manage key customer accounts
- Develop suitable pricing strategies to generate income
- Utilise tools to improve the profitability of your service
- Take back an outline income generation commercial strategy to your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
A: The AgilePM Practitioner course is aimed at experienced project managers. You may be adding to your knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2®. Or you may be operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations. We have a range of options available to you so please contact us and we will advise you on the right option for you.