As local councils look for more enterprising approaches to delivering services with restricted budgets, local councils must develop more effective income generating strategies to generate more revenue.
By understanding the legal complexities to income generation and developing more effective income generating strategies, local councils will be able to generate more revenue, in order to effectively fund the services they deliver for their local residents.
This Optimising Income Generation course will enable local councils to maximise income for their organisation. Delegates will fully understand the practical and legal implications of developing new income streams, such as innovative charging and trading practice to enable the provision of better services.
Chair’s Opening Remarks and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Understand the Legalities of Income Generation
- Navigate the legal processes of integrating more commercial practices in to your organisation
- Understand the legal framework of the General Power of Competence to develop effective trading services
- Learn about charging and trading powers
- Gain an overview of company law when setting up a trading entity
- Consider contract and procurement law when it comes to income generation
- Learn the legal constraints and opportunities of commercial practice in your organisation
Workshop I: Understand the Finances of Income Generation
- Learn how to commercialise services and balance a business-like approach with a local government ethos
- Understand how to set up a trading service
- Case study of successful income generation
- Successfully set up a joint-venture
- Prepare yourself for a range of challenges and changes
- Understand the financials of generating income
- Interrogating the income statement and balance sheet for commercial information
- Learn how to do ratio analysis
- Managing the cash flow
Workshop II: Generate Income Strategies for your Local Council
- Develop routes to income generation for your organisation
- Understand the conditions needed to be commercially successful
- Mobilise your workforce to obtain support and challenge through the change process
- Influence your key stakeholders to maximise your income streams
- Understand customer issues, motivations and needs
- Develop winning value propositions
- Develop your pricing skills
- Take back an action plan to develop strategies to maximise income for your organisation
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Prospero House, London241 Borough High St
020 7105 6030
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
A: The AgilePM Practitioner course is aimed at experienced project managers. You may be adding to your knowledge of traditional approaches such as PRINCE2®. Or you may be operating in an agile environment and need to be able to run projects in more complex and scalable situations. We have a range of options available to you so please contact us and we will advise you on the right option for you.
Group booking discounts available