Remote working, social distancing and limited physical access to services has meant that digital and touchless connections have never been more important for public sector organisations.
Understanding your organisation’s digital identify right now, can allow you to spread your message clearly, stay connected with your stakeholders and further your cause.
This highly practical and virtual course; ‘Mastering Digital Communications’, has been specifically designed to provide you with the digital awareness to navigate different media platforms, learn how to create your online brand and build trust with your audience to achieve objectives.
Join Social Media Expert, Alistair Beech, on navigating the world of digital communications. Take away a toolkit that provides you with confidence and enhanced capability in digital communication, collaboration and how to manage and mitigate risks online.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this course.
Please see below feedback from past delegates:
|“I found this in-depth course incredibly useful for the breadth of topics it covered in one day, and for the tools it gives you for taking action afterwards!” – Digital Communications Officer, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust
|“This is an excellent course for anyone wanting to learn more about digital communications and how to measure how effective they are in your organisation. The course was delivered very professionally and I felt very engaged throughout even though it was remote” – Communications Manager, Magenta Living
|About the Trainer: Alistair Beech
|Alistair Beech has over ten years of digital marketing experience, working in Higher Education roles for five years. Alistair has worked within corporate communications teams in both the public and private sector and is an experienced conference speaker and guest lecturer. At The University of Manchester he manages digital and social media content, leading a team of social media practitioners across the University. Alistair is also a member of the Hootsuite Higher Education advisory board.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Introduction to a New World of Digital Communications
- Importance of digital upskilling and its impact on the future workforce
- Instant information – understanding the immediacy of social media, online transparency and managing user expectations
- Developments in digital communications strategies
- Practical: analysing the effectiveness of digital communications in your own organisation
10:45 - 11:15
Navigating Digital Platforms
- Understanding the differences between platforms, including social media
- How to utilise digital channels to meet marketing, communications and wider business objectives
- Channel management at a corporate level – tools to manage organisational social media
11:15 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:15
- Content – creating a strategy to help meet your objectives and generate audience engagement
- Establishing a tone of voice – what is the character of your organisation and how can you project this to online audiences?
- Protect reputation – how to monitor and respond to negative comments about your organisation
- Practical: develop a digital content plan for day to day and campaign activity
13:00 - 13:15
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
13:15 - 14:00
- Maximising your key messages to reach different stakeholder audiences using paid channels
- Measuring success – reviewing and tracking important digital metrics
- Rapid response – how to plan for, and respond in a crisis
14:00 - 14:30
Digital Security – Best Practise for Your Organisation
- Personal data and website privacy notices – what to include
- Making your digital content accessible to all
- Protecting your organisations social media accounts
14:30 - 14:45
14:45 - 15:30
- What is it and how to introduce a programme in your organisation
- Identifying advocates and creating a programme that meets objectives
- Tools and techniques to engage internal/staff advocates
- Evaluating effectiveness of advocacy programmes
- How to create an internal digital content pack
15:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Developing a Digital Action Plan to Take Back to Your Organisation
Work with the trainer to discuss and develop a personalised action plan to develop your digital communications and discover the best ways to ensure both your team and company benefit from the day’s learning.
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor, St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to email@example.com or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the replacement's details.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email@example.com if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.