In a digital world, it is crucial for marketing and communications professionals to be proactive and adapt to technological advancements that promote transparency and represent public services positively.
The growth of media platforms has been unprecedented, and obtaining information is instant. Understanding your organisation’s digital identity can allow you to spread your message clearly, stay connected with your stakeholders and further your cause.
This highly practical ‘Mastering Digital Communications’ course is specifically designed to provide you with the digital awareness to navigate different media platforms, learn how to create your brand and build trust with your audience to achieve objectives.
To be a success in the modern world it is important to maintain a digital presence. Take away a toolkit that provides you with confidence and enhanced capability in digital communication, collaboration and how to manage and mitigate risks online.
Join Social Media Expert, Alistair Beech, on navigating the world of digital communications.
|About the Trainer: Alistair Beech
|Alistair Beech has over ten years of digital marketing experience, working in Higher Education roles for five years. Alistair has worked within corporate communications teams in both the public and private sector and is an experienced conference speaker and guest lecturer. At The University of Manchester he manages digital and social media content, leading a team of social media practitioners across the University. Alistair is also a member of the Hootsuite Higher Education advisory board.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s welcome and clarification of learning objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Introduction to a New World of Digital Communications
- Importance of digital upskilling and its impact on the future workforce
- Instant information – understanding the immediacy of social media, online transparency and managing user expectations
- Developments in digital communications strategies
- Practical: analysing the effectiveness of digital communications in your own organisation
10:45 - 11:15
Navigating Digital Platforms
- Understanding the differences between platforms, including social media
- How to utilise digital channels to meet marketing, communications and wider business objectives
- Channel management at a corporate level – tools to manage organisational social media
11:15 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:15
- Content – creating a strategy to help meet your objectives and generate audience engagement
- Establishing a tone of voice – what is the character of your organisation and how can you project this to online audiences?
- Protect reputation – how to monitor and respond to negative comments about your organisation
- Practical: develop a digital content plan for day to day and campaign activity
13:15 - 14:00
- Maximising your key messages to reach different stakeholder audiences using paid channels
- Measuring success – reviewing and tracking important digital metrics
- Rapid response – how to plan for, and respond in a crisis
14:00 - 14:30
Digital Security – Best Practise for Your Organisation
- Personal data and website privacy notices – what to include
- Making your digital content accessible to all
- Protecting your organisations social media accounts
14:30 - 14:45
14:45 - 15:30
- What is it and how to introduce a programme in your organisation
- Identifying advocates and creating a programme that meets objectives
- Tools and techniques to engage internal/staff advocates
- Evaluating effectiveness of advocacy programmes
- How to create an internal digital content pack
15:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Developing a Digital Action Plan to Take Back to Your Organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor, St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.