As a leader, the only thing you can guarantee is change. Employees look to their leaders for clarification, certainty and direction when their organisation or role is going through periods of radical change.
Whether your organisation is having to adopt new processes, your team has been given new responsibilities, or you’ve been asked to deliver a complex or high-profile project, this Leading in Times of Change course will give you the practical tools and techniques to help you lead your employees and organisation through transformative periods.
Leaders that can effectively direct and inspire through periods of change can drastically improve the performance, productivity and morale of their team.
By attending this course, you will gain a firmer understanding of the complex issues facing your organisation; utilise practical tools and techniques to overcome barriers; enhance the resilience of your team and maintain their focus and commitment, and work through real-world scenarios that will help you apply all of the day’s learning.
|About the Chair: Amanda Tooth
|Amanda has over thirty years’ experience of providing outcome focused services. These include: services for offenders and people who are homeless; partnership development; management and leadership development; staff development; facilitation; and the design and delivery of a range of dynamic tailor-made training.
She started her professional life as an actress and drama coach with a keen interest in psychology and personal development. In 1992, she undertook a post-degree Diploma in Criminology at Birkbeck College (University of London). She worked for sixteen years in the criminal justice system in the UK and Ireland, concluding with a strategic management role in the public sector.
Since May 2008, Amanda has been an independent consultant, trainer, facilitator and coach working across the UK and internationally.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Introduction and Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Workshop: What’s Changing for You?
In this interactive session, delegates will identify in groups and with the trainer the change facing their organisation.
- The key issues facing your organisation today
- Consider the root cause; is it internal or external?
- Break down the challenge into its simplest form
- Discuss with other delegates and the trainer, and hear about the challenges that others face
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop: Understanding What’s Changing
In this practical session, delegates will gain the tools and techniques to help them to overcome barriers to achieving success through demanding times.
- How to take part in the challenge and grow
- Understand the process of change and how to manage the stages successfully
- Reflect on what works and what doesn’t work
- Good practice tools and techniques for effective leadership at difficult times
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop: Engage and Lead Staff through Change
- Understand the role of Emotional Intelligence and Emotional Resilience
- How to develop Emotional Resilience
- Emotional contagion: the importance of self-care and leading by example
- Take your staff with you as individuals and as a team
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Leading through Times of Change
Take in the day’s learning and explore how to lead effectively through periods of change
- Create an agile organisation able to positively respond and navigate uncertainty
- Review and reflect on your own role, style and approach
- Develop your confidence and ability to be an authentic transformational leader
- Create a Personal Action Plan to transfer learning back into the workplace.
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close