Whilst organisations have been encouraged to work remotely for the foreseeable future, being engaging and persuasive in remote settings are vital skills in order to be successful at work.
This virtual course has been specifically designed to help public sector professionals overcome the barriers to influence and engage colleagues’, key stakeholders and service users whilst working remotely.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms, to facilitate group role-plays, practise techniques to influence and engage remotely.
Key resources and materials will be distributed online during the day to support your learning.
There will be plenty of opportune moments for you to network, share resources and experiences with other delegates. Gain valuable contacts with other like-minded peers to help create an invaluable support network to help you be a better online influencer.
Attend this virtual course to understand the theory behind influencing and engaging others; create a dynamic virtual setting to help you remotely engage, and gain online active listening skills and body language techniques.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note this course will be using Zoom to deliver the day.
|About the Chair: Stuart Riddington
|Stuart is a business development and strategy expert, who is passionate about developing leaders and helping organisations move forward. He works with the private sector, third sector and public sector in a wide range of training and consultancy projects to develop income generation; leadership development and strategic positioning.
He has worked with NHS Trusts, government departments, local authorities, international, national and local charities, SME’s and Fortune 500 companies. Stuart has worked extensively with organisations internationally including the USA, Hong Kong, Tanzania, China, Mexico, El Salvador and Thailand. His creative approach to developing strategy and leaders means he is sought after consultant.
Stuart is passionate about innovative and practical steps to help organisations and leaders reach their full potential.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- A quick video tutorial will be shown on using the key features of Zoom
- Breakout rooms will be used for delegates to introduce each other
10:00 - 10:30
Understanding the Theory of Influencing and Engaging
- Gain a quick overview of the theory of influencing and engaging
- Discuss in groups and with the trainer how influencing can be applied within the public sector
- Learn about the psychology behind influencing and engaging
- Understand the win/win theory
10:45 - 11:30
Maximising Influence: Creating the Virtual Space
- Plan and prepare your virtual setting: background picture, remove distractions, and resolve technology issues
- Learn techniques to come across professionally online
- Make an online impact instantly
- Take an holistic view of all of the virtual platforms
- Preparations required to Influence online
11:30 - 12:15
Active Listening Online
- Gain active listening skills to influence online
- Understand the importance of silence on video conferences
- Instill trust and confidence in a virtual setting
- Build longer lasting partnerships
- Practice paraphrasing to demonstrate understanding
- Learn when and not to question show that you have understood
12:15 - 13:00
Utilise Body Language Techniques Online
- Learn how to build trust remotely
- Practice developing your on-screen body language
- Gain practical techniques to remotely read eye movement
13:45 - 14:00
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 16:00
Roleplay Workshop: Online Influencing and Engagement in Action
Working in groups, delegates will work in breakout rooms to practise techniques to influence remotely
- This session includes the opportunity for delegates to discuss which techniques would work best for them in a professional and personal environment
- Work through public sector examples to help you become a better influencer
- Take part in role plays to use the knowledge learnt during the day to hone your influencing skills
- Apply the win/win theory
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways