Success in the remote delivery of any project, programme, or policy is dependent on the effective engagement and management of stakeholders. Without the support and buy-in from key contributors, projects face the risk of failure.
Dealing with a variety of stakeholders with different, and sometimes competing interests can be challenging, especially when it has to be done remotely.
This specifically designed Remote Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working virtual course examines how to remotely identify stakeholders and will help you to develop a remote communication plan and strategy to expertly engage them.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms, work in smaller groups to gain better remote stakeholder management skills.
Key learning resources and information will be instantly distributed online to help support your learning.
There will be plenty of opportune moments for you to network, share resources and experiences with other delegates. Gain valuable contacts with other like-minded peers to create that invaluable remote stakeholder management support network.
Stakeholder views and expectations can change over the project lifecycle therefore the trainer will work with you to create a dynamic plan to preserve relationships during the life of a project. Learn how to overcome conflict with stakeholders and build strong relationships thus increasing confidence and the speed of problem solving and decision-making.
Attend this Virtual Stakeholder Engagement and Partnership Working training course to perfect your stakeholder management skills. Take away tools to achieve stakeholder buy-in to support your organisation’s objectives. Learn how to identify and map key stakeholders, effectively manage online conversations, and how to remotely evaluate stakeholder relationships.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
This course will be delivered via Zoom.
|About the Chair: David Elverson
|David is a change management and commercial expert, with a passion for helping to create more effective services. He works with a wide range of organisations and their staff on developing their commercial awareness, bringing about culture change and developing and implementing effective strategies.
He has worked extensively across the public and private sectors, working with over 50 local authorities, many NHS Trusts, Central Government departments and Science Councils in the last three years.
David is passionate about translating strategy into action in a way that engages staff and develops buy-in and high levels of productivity.
David has worked on many high level and politically sensitive projects. He has been part of government review panels looking to improve the effectiveness and impact of major national transformation programmes. He always tries to bring a pragmatic edge, as a strategy is only as good as our ability to implement it.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Virtual Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- A quick video tutorial will be shown on using Zoom
- Breakout rooms will be used for delegates to introduce each other
10:00 - 10:30
Stakeholder Management: Key Principles
- Understand the importance of effective stakeholder management in any project of programme
- Identify key challenges for your organisation in stakeholder management
- What makes a successful stakeholder relationship?
- Identify best practice in effective stakeholder management
10:30 - 11:00
Understand Your Organisational Objectives
- How to identify key objectives within a project or programme
- Ascertain which stakeholders will contribute to these objectives
- Outlining objectives, responsibilities, and obligations of all parties
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:15
Identifying and Mapping Stakeholders
- How to successfully map stakeholders within a project or programme
- Examine different types of stakeholder maps
- How to effectively identify diverse varieties of stakeholders
- Prioritising stakeholders during the life of a project
- Develop your own stakeholder mapping technique
12:15 - 13:15
Utilise Online Communication Strategies for Stakeholders
In this session, delegates will work on practical exercises with the trainer to help engage with key stakeholders and develop a communication strategy for their projects and programmes.
- Virtually manage conversations with stakeholders
- Identify what online platform to use
- Define responsibilities and roles in partnership working
- Select VIRTUAL communication methodologies to best virtually influence and engage
- Effective language, style, and tone to create persuasive communications
14:00 - 14:15
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:15 - 16:00
Virtually Evaluating Stakeholder Relationships
In this session, delegates will learn how to monitor, analyse, and evaluate stakeholder relationships and develop stakeholder strategies to achieve their organisational goals
- How to remotely evaluate relationships with your stakeholders
- Monitor and preserve relationships during the life of a project or programme
- Develop skills in overcoming conflict with stakeholders
- Learn from your stakeholder relationships to maintain and manage your organisational goals
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to email@example.com or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email@example.com if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.