Effective negotiation enables buyers and procurement professionals to hone and improve their negotiation skills, techniques, and strategies to obtain the best possible deal.
This one-day workshop will be in an interactive and practical learning environment, focusing on the ability to negotiate effectively in different situations.
Attend this Successful Contract Negotiation training course to help you understand the structure of a negotiation; learn how to manage a difficult supplier; develop your own negotiating styles and take a strategic approach to negotiating a contract.
Through a mixture of practical sessions you will leave the day with the ability and confidence to negotiate more effective contracts with your suppliers.
|About the Chair: Gillian King
|Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in the Finance and IT industry.
Gillian has been a professional trainer and speaker for 10 years’. She has successfully delivered a range of Leadership and Procurement strategy training courses including several speaking engagements throughout Asia and the Middle East. She is also a current trainer and assessor for the CIPS professional examinations.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
What is a Contract Negotiation?
- Gain an understanding of the dynamics of negotiating a contract
- Learn what attributes successful negotiators need
- Examine best and worst practice of contract negotiation
10:30 - 11:00
Managing Difficult Suppliers'
- Learn the importance of planning and preparation
- Prepare for uncertainty
- Reflect on personality styles and refining the approach for effectiveness
- Identify their motives and “red lines”
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Effective Negotiating Styles
- Learn about different negotiating styles
- Adopt an approach that plays to your strengths
- Understand the different behaviours negotiators adopt
12:00 - 13:00
The Importance of a Strategic approach and Influencing Skills
- Understand the structure and crafting of a strategy
- Strategy for deadlock
- Adopt a plan that allows for changing circumstances.
- Control and manage difficult situations, including conflict
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Contract Negotiation in Action
In groups, delegates will put the day’s learning into practice, through a toolkit of proven and practical negotiation skills, set against the theory and framework of the day’s discussions.
- Work through examples that suit your organisation and business context
- Adopt techniques and skills that work best for your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Prospero House, London
241 Borough High St
020 7105 6030