Effective negotiation enables buyers and procurement professionals to hone and improve their negotiation skills, techniques, and strategies to obtain the best possible deal.
This one-day workshop will be in an interactive and practical learning environment, focusing on the ability to negotiate effectively in different situations.
Attend this A Guide to Successful Contract Negotiation training course to help you understand the structure of a negotiation; learn what motivates the other party; develop your own negotiating styles and deploy tried and tested body language techniques to influence your supplier.
Through a mixture of practical sessions and roleplays you will leave the day with the ability and confidence to negotiate more effective contracts with your suppliers.
|About the Chair: Gillian King
|Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in the Finance and IT industry.
Gillian has been a professional trainer and speaker for 10 years’. She has successfully delivered a range of Leadership and Procurement strategy training courses including several speaking engagements throughout Asia and the Middle East. She is also a current trainer and assessor for the CIPS professional examinations.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
What is a Contract Negotiation?
- Gain a quick overview of what a negotiation is
- Learn what attributes a successful negotiator needs
- Best and bad practice
- Understand the structure of a contract negotiation
10:30 - 11:00
Understanding the Other Party
- Learn the importance of planning and preparation
- Research the other party
- Understand their personality styles and backgrounds
- Identify their motives and “red lines”
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Effective Negotiating Styles
- Learn about different negotiating styles
- Adopt an approach best for you
- Control and manage difficult suppliers
- Understand the different behaviours negotiators adopt
12:00 - 13:00
The Importance of Body Language
- Learn how to exhibit positive body language
- Effectively read eye movement
- Come across more positive and confident
14:00 - 16:00
Roleplay Workshop: Contract Negotiation in Action
- In groups, delegates will put the day’s learn into practice, through taking an active part in role-plays.
- Work through examples that suit your organisation
- Adopt techniques and skills that work best for your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close