Effective negotiation enables buyers and procurement professionals to hone and improve their negotiation skills, techniques, and strategies to obtain the best possible deal.
This one-day workshop will be in an interactive and practical learning environment, focusing on the ability to negotiate effectively in different situations.
Host this Successful Contract Negotiation training course In-House to help you understand the structure of a negotiation; learn how to manage a difficult supplier; develop your own negotiating styles and take a strategic approach to negotiate a contract.
Through a mixture of practical sessions, you will leave the day with the ability and confidence to negotiate more effective contracts with your suppliers.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:30
What is a Contract Negotiation?
- Gain an understanding of the dynamics of negotiating a contract
- Learn what attributes successful negotiators need
- Examine best and worst practice of contract negotiation
10:30 - 11:00
Managing Difficult Suppliers'
- Learn the importance of planning and preparation
- Prepare for uncertainty
- Reflect on personality styles and refining the approach for effectiveness
- Identify their motives and “red lines”
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Effective Negotiating Styles
- Learn about different negotiating styles
- Adopt an approach that plays to your strengths
- Understand the different behaviours negotiators adopt
12:00 - 13:00
The Importance of a Strategic approach and Influencing Skills
- Understand the structure and crafting of a strategy
- Strategy for deadlock
- Adopt a plan that allows for changing circumstances.
- Control and manage difficult situations, including conflict
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Contract Negotiation in Action
In groups, delegates will put the day’s learning into practice, through a toolkit of proven and practical negotiation skills, set against the theory and framework of the day’s discussions.
- Work through examples that suit your organisation and business context
- Adopt techniques and skills that work best for your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close