SOLD OUT – VIEW NEXT DATES
By developing better contract management capabilities, your organisation can significantly improve the services it delivers and maximise its resources.
With the public sector spending £250 billion on goods and services each year, developing the core competencies for effective contract management could significantly boost savings and cost-effectiveness.
Attend this A Guide to Successful Contract Management course to learn about the principles of contract management; better understand the administrative and governance side of contract management; develop more effective strategic relationships with your suppliers and gain advice on how to ensure the contract is being effectively delivered.
On this A Guide to Successful Contract Management course, develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully manage the contract process through to completion.
|About the Chair: Gillian King
|Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in the Finance and IT industry.
Gillian has been a professional trainer and speaker for 10 years’. She has successfully delivered a range of Leadership and Procurement strategy training courses including several speaking engagements throughout Asia and the Middle East. She is also a current trainer and assessor for the CIPS professional examinations.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainers' Welcome and Introduction
10:00 - 11:00
The Principles of Successful Contract Management
- Identify the different types of contract
- The benefits of contract management for the public sector
- Understand the contract management cycle of activities
- Establish clarity of terms and obligations
- Outlining the objectives, responsibilities and obligations of all parties
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Contract Administration and Governance
- What needs to be done before the contract is signed
- The power shift
- Identifying risk and preventing further problems later in the contract process
- Successfully exiting a contract
12:00 - 12:30
Strategic Relationship Management
- The importance of good relationships in the supply chain
- Develop contract negotiation skills to secure beneficial outcomes
- Recognise how to foster positive relationships amongst all parties
- Effective change management and dispute resolution
- Motivating internal and external parties
12:30 - 13:00
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 1
- Analyse contract value, length, complexity and level of risk
- Effectively monitor and benchmark costs and performance
- Identify the potential for obstacles, risk and challenges
- Maximising and identifying savings and efficiencies
14:00 - 15:00
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 2
- When and how best to re-evaluate and restructure the terms of a contract
- Manage arising situations and contract variations
- Achieving mutual gains for effective contract management
- Ensuring that contractual obligations have been sufficiently met
15:00 - 16:00
Contract Review and Post-Contract Progress
- The link to future contracts
- Recognise the core competencies for effective contract management
- Accurate reporting
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
Novotel Manchester Centre Hotel
21 Dickinson Street
0161 235 2200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.