There has never been a better time to ensure effective contract management with recent challenges faced by supply chains and having a well thought out contract management approach can help to conquer instability in a time of crisis.
With the public sector spending £250 billion on goods and services each year, developing the core competencies for effective contract management could significantly boost savings and cost-effectiveness.
Attend this A Guide to Successful Contract Management virtual course to learn about the principles of contract management; better understand the administrative and governance side of contract management; develop more effective strategic relationships with your suppliers and gain advice on how to ensure the contract is being effectively delivered.
On this A Guide to Successful Contract Management virtual course, through several online learning tools including breakout rooms, interactive whiteboards, and group discussions, develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully manage the contract process through to completion.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|About the Chair: Gillian King
|Gillian King is a highly experienced procurement professional and trainer, with over 20 years’ experience in global procurement and supply chain management, working for government and multinational corporations in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Her sector experience is as a procurement professional, initially with the Civil Service in the UK Home Office and later as a global category leader for Zurich Financial Services, where her group annual spend was in excess of $400 M.
More recently she has provided consultancy and training to international government and ‘Blue Chip’ organisations in Abu Dhabi and Singapore, specialising in the Finance and IT industry.
Gillian has been a professional trainer and speaker for 10 years’. She has successfully delivered a range of Leadership and Procurement strategy training courses including several speaking engagements throughout Asia and the Middle East. She is also a current trainer and assessor for the CIPS professional examinations. For more details, click here
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- A quick video tutorial will be shown on using Zoom
- Breakout rooms will be used for delegates to introduce each other
10:00 - 11:00
The Principles of Successful Contract Management
- Identify the different types of contract
- The benefits of contract management for the public sector
- Understand the contract management cycle of activities
- Establish clarity of terms and obligations
- Outlining the objectives, responsibilities and obligations of all parties
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Contract Administration and Governance
- What needs to be done before the contract is signed
- The power shift
- Identifying risk and preventing further problems later in the contract process
- Successfully exiting a contract
12:00 - 12:10
12:10 - 13:00
Strategic Relationship Management
- The importance of good relationships in the supply chain
- Develop contract negotiation skills to secure beneficial outcomes
- Recognise how to foster positive relationships amongst all parties
- Effective change management and dispute resolution
- Motivating internal and external parties
13:45 - 14:00
- The trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 14:30
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 1
- Analyse contract value, length, complexity and level of risk
- Effectively monitor and benchmark costs and performance
- Identify the potential for obstacles, risk and challenges
- Maximising and identifying savings and efficiencies
14:30 - 15:30
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 2
- When and how best to re-evaluate and restructure the terms of a contract
- Manage arising situations and contract variations
- Achieving mutual gains for effective contract management
- Ensuring that contractual obligations have been sufficiently met
15:30 - 15:40
Afternoon Break (flexible)
15:30 - 16:00
Contract Review and Post-Contract Progress
- The link to future contracts
- Recognise the core competencies for effective contract management
- Accurate reporting
16:00 - 16:15
Roundup and Key Takeaways