A key part of any successful commercial strategy is the ability to effectively develop business and account manage key stakeholders.
However, identifying key business objectives and focusing on areas that bring results poses many challenges, especially within an increased competitive market.
This A Guide to Effective Business Development course will focus on developing your organisation’s future business strategy – with a particular emphasis on customer segmentation, strategic planning tools and stakeholder engagement.
Led by change management expert, David Elverson, this one-day course will develop your organisation’s business development objectives and account management strategy in order to remain competitive and ensure the effective delivery of services.
Trainer's Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Identifying Business Development Objectives
- Identify your organisation’s key business development objectives
- How to make decisions about which objectives to prioritise
- Understand how to utilise strategic planning tools (PESTLE and Resource Competency Framework) and how to apply them to existing situations
Focusing on Areas that bring Results
- Identify which business development approaches will work for your organisation
- Explore how to develop business in an intentional and focused manner
Defining Customer Targets
- Apply commercial thinking in order to understand your customers and market
- Customer segmentation will be introduced and you will apply the principles to your areas to identify the type of customers you have and what the key characteristics of those customer are
The Competitive Environment
- Identify and understand other competitors vying for the attention of the customers and prospective customers
- How to position your business development activity to counter act the competition
Building Successful Relationships
- Identify key customers and other stakeholders that have influence on the achievement of your business development objectives
- Delegates will look at the interpersonal side of developing influential ‘win/win’ relationships with these customers
Implementation – Account Management Good Practice
- People don’t make a decision the first time they are contacted and they love to be made to feel special. Using three key principles of direct marketing: Recency, Frequency and Potency, delegates will explore how their accounts can be strengthened through good account management processes and practices.
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – The Hatton, London51-53 Hatton Garden
020 7242 4123
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]