Public sector organisations have to deliver a multitude of services for their customers, with limited resources. By adopting a more effective business development strategy, you will be able to build more effective relationships with your service users and ensure excellent delivery.
Good business development skills are increasingly important, as public sector is faced with ever more complex challenges of reduced budgets, societal pressures, accelerated change and conflicting priorities. Identifying key business objectives and focusing on areas that bring results is crucial but poses many challenges, especially within this evolving public sector environment.
This Guide to Successful Business Development course helps you to create a plan for your organisation’s future business strategy with tried and tested public sector approaches and particular emphasis on customer segmentation, strategic planning tools and stakeholder engagement.
Led by change management expert, David Elverson, this one-day course develops your organisation’s business development objectives and account management strategy in order to remain competitive and ensure the effective delivery of services.
Trainer's Introduction and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Identify Your Business Development Objectives to Achieve Exceptional Results
- Identify your organisation’s key business development objectives and development approaches that will work best for your organisation
- Apply decision making process to prioritise your business objectives
- Explore how to develop business in an intentional and focused manner
- Learn how to utilise strategic planning tools (PESTLE and Resource Competency Framework) and how to apply them to existing situations
Understand How to Identify and Target Your Customers in a Competitive Public Sector Environment
- Apply commercial thinking in order to understand your customers and target market
- Understand and apply customer segmentation principles to identify the type of customers you have and what the key characteristics of those customer are
- Identify and understand other players vying for the attention of the customers and prospective customers
- How to position your business development activity to counter act the competition
Building Successful Relationships with Your Customers and Other Stakeholders
- Build a successful relationship with your customers across variety of channels
- Understand and use you customer habits to make your proposition stronger
- Apply the interpersonal side of developing influential ‘win/win’ relationships with these customers
Implementation – Account Management Good Practice
- Analyse the customer decision making process and apply it to relationship building and account management
- Identify the closing techniques that will support your account management practice
- Using three key principles of direct marketing: Recency, Frequency and Potency – explore how your accounts can be strengthened through good account management processes and practices
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
America Square1 America Square,
+44 (0)20 7706 7700
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available