Our Excelling at School Inspections course has been designed to prepare you and your school for a forthcoming Ofsted inspection.
This course gives you guidance on effectively evidencing student progress, improving lesson planning, teaching and marking, and fulfilling your safeguarding duties.
This practical Excelling at School Inspections course prepares your school to prosper in the demanding and ever-evolving inspections environment.
Attend to gain tips from best practice case studies, learn how to utilise data and other tools to evidence improvement and leave the day with an action plan to ensure your school is always inspection ready.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Chair's Welcome & Introduction
10:00 - 10:45
Recent Developments to the Inspections Framework
- Analyse recent changes to the Ofsted Inspection Framework and how this will affect your school
- Learn how Ofsted will inspect the new curriculum
- Dispel any Ofsted myths
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 11:30
Case Study: Achieve an 'Outstanding' Ofsted Rating
- Take away lessons learnt from a school that has made the improvement journey to ‘Outstanding’ at their most recent inspection
- Learn how schools can transform their teaching strategy to raise pupil progress
- Transfer lessons learned from this case study to your school
13:00 - 14:00
Workshop: Using Data and Data Analysis Effectively to Support School Improvement
Learn from an experience former Ofsted Inspector and Education Consultant on how you can support school improvement
- Recognise how data can help you self-evaluate in preparation for your next inspection
- Learn from best practice on how to maximise your data to evidence improvement
- Establish how you can benchmark your school against others using national data
- Maintain your school’s data in the long term
- Learn how examining methods of evidencing student progress with the removal of levels
14:00 - 14:30
14:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Ensuring your School is Inspection Ready
Work with the chair to create a next-step action plan on how to prepare for an upcoming inspection
- Understand inspection activities and how to prepare for them
- Learn how to engage staff in self-evaluation practices that focus on high-quality evidence
- Gain insight in to how to implement a school improvement plan in your institution
- Recognise areas for improvement to ensure success in Ofsted inspections
- Implement long term self-evaluation to continuously improve standards
- Prepare a pre-inspection checklist for your school
- Learn how to further improve and maintain school performance for long term success
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.