The public sector is changing, and professionals are working in increasingly agile ways. Whether reducing costs, making better use of office space, or encouraging a younger workforce, remote working has latent benefits.
It is essential that organisations have a clear remote working strategy in place that is fit for purpose, and that managers adapt their leadership style to make the most of these changes.
To facilitate better working at home this course will be delivered virtually, which will help you learn in a comfortable and familiar environment.
Attend this one-day virtual training course to discover effective leadership techniques that will best support your team. Develop a flexible, future-focused management approach that motivates and maximises performance.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
What previous delegates have said about this course…
“The event was well planned, thought-provoking and relevant. A must-do for even the most seasoned remote leaders, and expertly facilitated by Jenny Baynes.” – Estates, Security & Access Control Lead, HMRC
“A good, sharp course. Interesting and engaging with a lot to take away and use.” – Manager, London Borough of Ealing
“This course has provided some very useful tools to improve my remote team management.” – River Basin Account Manager, Environment Agency
Coronavirus Update: https://www.moderngov.com/covid-19-update/
|About the Chair: Jenny Baynes
|Jenny Baynes is a smart working consultant, she led the development and delivery of the award-winning modern council programme for North Yorkshire County Council.
She has worked with a variety of organisations to drive change initiatives and develop smart working practices. She has collaborated with industry leaders and developed networks to share those practices to support organisations working toward becoming happy, healthy and productive workplaces
Jenny is an experienced keynote speaker and facilitator with a background in organisational development, training and leadership development.
09.30 - 09.45
09.45 - 10.00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10.00 - 10.45
Remote Working: Friend or Foe?
- Outline the benefits of remote working
- Discuss the challenges that can arise
- Consider potential privacy and security issues
10.45 - 11.30
What is Your Current Management Approach?
- Understand the need to Adapt your management style
- Review your current management practices through behavioural exercises
- Discover approaches that suit your team’s behaviours and needs
11.30 - 11.45
11.45 - 12.30
Maximise Your Channels of Communication
- Discover software, tools, and techniques to maximise connectivity
- Ensure maximum communication with team members
- Encourage conversations and maintain contact with individual team members
- Instil a sense of trust and a need for whole-team contribution
12:30 - 12:40
12.40 - 13:20
Case Study: Successfully Moving to Smart Working Practices
- Hear from Wokingham council about their journey to smart working
- Understand the benefits which have arisen from working remotely
- Know the possible challenges you could face and how best to overcome these
- Take away transferable knowledge and skills to apply to your teams and organisation
14.15 - 15.00
Workshop 1: Measuring and Maximising Performance
Delegates will bring together their learnings from the day to work through a series of exercises, and receive dedicated feedback from the Trainer
15.00 - 15.15
15.15 - 16.00
Workshop 2: Test the Flexibility of Your Management Style
Through a series of exercises, delegates will assess their new approach and develop an action plan to implement it across their team
16.00 - 16.15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close