Remote working is going to be a central feature for all organisations for the foreseeable future, therefore it is essential that you can effectively engage, lead and manage your team remotely.
With people adapting to new ways of working, remote working will not just be for periods of crisis isolation but will be a feature of the workplace for years to come, thanks to technology and employee preference.
This virtual Excelling in Remote Team Leadership and Management course helps you develop policies and processes that support your team, foster productivity, and avoid staff burn out. Learn how to identify behavioural issues that arise in remote work environments and deploy emotional intelligence, empathy, and coaching techniques to optimise performance.
Through a range of workshops and public sector focused case studies, this course provides you with a suite of tools and long-term skills to remotely manage people and relationships effectively.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will be using Zoom to deliver this course.
09.25 - 09.30
09.30 - 10.00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10.00 - 10.45
The Future of Remote Working
- Benchmark your existing remote working practices against other organisations
- Discuss the challenges – for the employee, for the organisation
- Consider potential practical, privacy and security issues
- Map out your remote working journey: past, present and future
- Develop an outline remote working policy
10.45 - 11.00
- Understand the need to Adapt your management style
- Review your current management practices through behavioural exercises
- Discover approaches that suit your team’s behaviours and needs
11.00 - 11.45
Managing and Leading in a Remote Environment
- The difference between management and leadership, how to achieve both
- Know the key leadership styles available to you, and when to use them
- Understand the need to be flexible and emotionally intelligent in your management approaches and leadership styles
- Identify areas of your behaviour and style that require development, and how to improve
- Performance management, managing difficult conversations, giving praise remotely
11.45 - 12.30
Excel at Remote Communication with Staff
- Replicate the office – or not? Mapping processes and relationships to replicate or change
- Consider software options, tools, and techniques to maximise strong remote working
- Ensure optimum communication with team members
- Negotiate remotely, making clear decisions and carrying them out
- Combat isolation and loneliness through building community
12:30 - 13:15
Successful Remote Meetings
- Consider why we meet at all
- Explore technology options for remote meetings
- Discover the rules of remote: how to be more effective on a call than in a room
- Understand essential preparation for the chair, including agenda and time management
- Discuss challenges and opportunities of remote meetings
- Take away transferable knowledge and skills to apply to your teams and organisation
14:00 - 14.15
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14.15 - 15.00
Coaching Conversations: Using Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the value of the coaching style of leadership
- Review the coaching process: how it works, and how it works remotely
- Gain techniques to avoid staff burn out
- Use coaching conversations with audio or video technology to support team members
- Explore the ALIVE© Process – Case Study of a remote development program
15.00 - 15.15
15.15 - 16.00
Workshop: Develop Your Own Remote Working Management Development Plan
Develop your own list of priorities, and share them for feedback from the tutor and the group. Refine this into a plan over time: what now, what next, and where to next. Build an action plan to implement at work.
16.00 - 16.15
Round Up and Key Takeaways