Presentations are an extremely important part of the bid process. They can often make or break a bid application. Understanding what to include in a bid presentation is an important process and can be just as important as writing the bid.
This course teaches you how to identify and emphasise key content to help you win a bid. Understand how to present information in the best format – quickly and clearly. Take this opportunity to learn how to engage your audience and sustain their attention throughout your bid presentation.
Attend to gain advice on your presentation skills in a safe environment. Leave with the skills to present your proposal in the most persuasive manner.
|About the Trainer: Sue Calthorpe
|On the day, you will gain an insight into presenting a bid from communications expert Sue Calthorpe.
Sue works with organisations and individuals to improve their written communications skills. She works with public and private sector organisations to help with:
- Report writing
- Briefings and submissions
- Persuasive and influential writing techniques
- Bid writing
- Effective complaint handling
Her recent clients include Legal & General, HSBC, BRIT, the Law Society, the Civil Aviation Authority, Express Medicals Ltd, the Intellectual Property Office and the Office for National Statistics. She has also worked with many government departments and has recently undertaken particular projects with the Home Office, HMRC, HMT, MOD, DfID, the FCO, the Information Commissioner’s Office and the Insolvency Service.
9:15 - 09:45
9:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Why Are Bid Presentations So Important?
- Understand the process of a bid presentation
- Explore why companies would ask for a bid presentation
- Examine the common pitfalls made in bid presentations
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
What is the ‘Bid Winning’ Content to Be Presented?
- Learn how to identify key content – what to include and what to leave out?
- Explore how to unpick bid presentation requirements
- Learn how to condense the bid information into a short presentation within a set time
- How to present the best areas of your bid quickly and clearly
- Ensure that your presentation is not a repetition of your written bid
12:00 - 12:45
Creating Slides to Aid the Delivery of Your Presentation
- Examining the order of slides
- Explore innovative and effective visual aids
- Utilising text and infographics to make your points
- Understand the importance of a clear and simple presentation slides
- Learn how to ensure smooth speaker transitions
- Understand how a visual presentation can help you emphasis key content
13:45 - 14:30
How to Engage Your Audience throughout the Presentation
- Explore why it is so important to know who your audience is
- Learn how to simplify industry jargon to suit your audience
- Ensure you have the right style and tone for your audience
- Understand how to keep your audience engaged
- Learn to speak with confidence
14:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Preparing Your Presentation
- Understand the best methods for preparing and practicing for presentations
- Learn how to prepare and anticipate for question and answer sessions
- Ensure a memorable bid presentation
- Learn hints and tips for effectively preparing for bid or tender presentations
- Create and present your own material and receive feedback from the trainer
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, London
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]