Whether you are a local council, university or charity, all organisations have a project, service or piece of research that can be supported by additional funding. By securing additional investment and funding from outside sources, your organisation can take your project or service to the next level.
By attending this Excelling at Fundraising training course, you will gain the necessary tools and techniques to improve your levels of funding.
Attend Excelling at Funding Strategies to navigate your organisation through the legal and regulatory complexities of revenue generation; identify the areas of funding, whether it be a project, service or research proposal; learn how to bid and pitch for funding, and take back tangible funding strategies.
Leave the day with actionable techniques and advice to generate more revenue for your organisation.
|About the Chair: Stuart Riddington
|Stuart is a business development and strategy expert, who is passionate about developing leaders and helping organisations move forward. He works with the private sector, third sector and public sector in a wide range of training and consultancy projects to develop income generation; leadership development and strategic positioning.
He has worked with NHS Trusts, government departments, local authorities, international, national and local charities, SME’s and Fortune 500 companies. Stuart has worked extensively with organisations internationally including the USA, Hong Kong, Tanzania, China, Mexico, El Salvador and Thailand. His creative approach to developing strategy and leaders means he is sought after consultant.
Stuart is passionate about innovative and practical steps to help organisations and leaders reach their full potential.
10:00 - 10:45
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Generating Funding: What can and can’t be done?
- Understand the regulation around what can and can’t be monetised
- Navigate yourself through legal complexities
- Gain a brief overview of procurement law
- Establish where you can and can’t generate revenue
- Engender an appreciation of funding throughout your organisation
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Identify Areas of Funding
- Discuss what areas which can receive funding, a piece of research and urban project?
- Identify and overcome barriers to gaining funds
- Utilise management tools to maximise different funding streams
- Consider a range of approaches to funding, such as commercial
12:00 - 13:00
Theory: Bidding and Pitching for the Work
- Gain appropriate bidding techniques to attract funding for your project or service
- Learn how to use the elevated boardroom pitch
- Understand your audience when putting together a bid for additional funding
- Plan and prepare for a successful bid and pitch
14:00 - 14:45
Practice: Bidding and Pitching for the Work
- In this highly interactive session, delegates will learn how to put theory into practice.
- Examine real-life public sector examples of bidding and pitching for funding
- Gain expert feedback from the trainer
- Learn how to make your project attractive to investors
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Position Yourself for Getting the Funding
- Develop strategies to gain additional funding
- Learn how to work with key stakeholders
- Secure senior buy-in
- Maximise different funding streams
- Learn how to give your project the best chance of success
- Take back a fundraising action plan
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close