The responsibility for staff’s health and safety doesn’t just stop in the office, it goes beyond that. With remote working being the norm for the foreseeable future, it is essential that organisations are proactively looking at ways to improve the health and safety of their staff whilst they work at home.
This virtual course has been specifically designed to help public sector organisations to improve their current health and safety procedures, fully comply with their statutory duties and enhance the wellbeing of their staff.
Attend this course to gain a much firmer understanding of health and safety regulation; carry out a work from home risk assessment with staff; learn how to remotely identify and reduce risks, and gain techniques to virtually alleviate stress and mental health issues. Leave the day with a fit-for-purpose remote worker health and safety toolkit
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
|About the Chair: Mike Ellerby
|Mike is a knowledgeable Health and Safety Professional with experience across many different sectors, including industrial process safety, as well as premises management safety and fire safety for commercial and residential premises. He is a past Chair of the Independent Safety Consultants Association.
Before setting up his consultancy business in 2000, Mike worked for one of the largest H&S Consultancies in the UK. In addition to Health and Safety qualifications, Mike also has a degree in Chemistry and a degree in Law. As well as delivering training, he is still actively involved in the client facing end of Compliance Audits, Site Safety Audits, Risk Assessments, Fire Risk Assessments, DSEAR Assessments, Accident/Incident Investigation, etc. He regularly delivers Health and Safety training services in the Gulf region and Webinar Health and Safety sessions existing clients and to the American market. He has previously acted as the Technical Author on a wide range of Health & Safety publications.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Virtual Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- The Chair will discuss delegate experiences to identify personal objectives for the day and tailor the course to specific requirements
10:00 - 10:45
Understanding the Regulation: Remote Workers Health and Safety
- Gain a full understanding of health and safety law in regard to working from home
- Develop a firmer understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, and Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 as amended by the Health and Safety (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2002
- Understand when and the need for a work from home risk assessment
- Learn your legal duties as an employer
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Working from Home Risk Assessment
- Learn how to take a virtual risk assessment
- Take into account employee’s home circumstances: living with family members, balancing childcare duties, flat and house shares, and not having a defined “office space”
- Engage remote staff during the risk assessment process
- Gain a full comprehensive overview of things to consider
- Identify any potential hazards
12:00 - 13:00
Identify and Reduce Key Health Risks
- Identify key risks to staff working remotely
- Support staff to reduce health risks
- Monitor and evaluate the key risks identified
- Assess when control measures are appropriate
- Control the risks associated with display screen equipment (DSE)
13:45 - 14:00
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 14:45
Managing Staff Mental Health and Stress
- Learn techniques to identify stress amongst staff working remotely
- Gain the confidence to approach issues of mental health and stress with staff
- Develop procedures so you can keep in direct contact with home workers so you can recognise signs of stress as early as possible.
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Design a Toolkit to Help Remote Workers Health and Safety
- Improve your current remote working health and safety processes
- Develop a record of all health and safety procedures
- Demonstrate your remote working health and safety processes and procedures to staff
- Create, maintain and implement a more positive approach to improving remote staff’s wellbeing
- Take back a fit-for-purpose toolkit remote worker health and safety toolkit
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.