The Government has committed £2.5 billion of pupil premium funding this year to help the most disadvantaged pupils and close the attainment gap. All schools are trusted to use Pupil Premium to meet the needs of their disadvantaged students and are held to account by Ofsted.
At a time of stretched budgets, school leaders and governors should be looking at low cost strategies which make the biggest impact. Attend this Evidencing Effective use of the Pupil Premium course to learn how to make the best use of Pupil Premium funding and improve outcomes for disadvantaged pupils.
Led by Education Consultant, Nigel Bishop, you will learn from successful case-studies and industry experts how to effectively spend your Pupil Premium – focusing on closing the attainment gap and effectively measuring and demonstrating through data your success.
Chair’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Establishing an Evidence Based Pupil Premium Strategy
- Share ideas on embedding an evidence based Pupil Premium strategy
- Understand the key principles of the EEF Pupil Premium toolkit
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges now affecting schools across the country
- Explore best practice examples which evidence effective spending
Effectively Using the Pupil Premium to Close the Attainment Gap
- Learn how to successfully identify issues impacting upon pupil’s attainment
- Consider innovative curriculum models to effectively close the gap with your Pupil Premium funding
- How to utilise data to evidence improvement of spending
Evaluating and Evidencing Successful Pupil Premium Outcomes
- Explore cost effective measures for raising attainment
- Learn how to evaluate the impact of your Pupil Premium spending
- Demonstrate the successful results of your spending plans to Ofsted
- Develop your action plan – how can your school effectively spend and demonstrate the Pupil Premium
Case Study – High impact provision and support from the Pupil Premium
In 2017 Denbigh High was recognised by the DfE as the national runner-up for Pupil Premium Secondary School of the Year
- Hear from an Ofsted outstanding school that has been commended for its effective use of pupil premium funding
- Reflect on inclusive quality-first teaching strategies and additional interventions that support pupils’ progress and outcomes
- Evidence improvement through effective monitoring and data analysis
- Consider how to effectively publish your Pupil Premium data and ‘tell your story’ in preparation for inspection
Case Study - Effective Spending of the Pupil Premium and Demonstrating Success
- Hear from a school that has effectively spent the Pupil Premium and demonstrated success
- Use data to understand and evidence improvement and successful Pupil Premium spending
- Discover how they raise aspiration and attainment
- Develop an effective spending strategy for your school or academy
Workshop: Planning the Next Steps for Your School or Academy
- Develop effective programmes which improve the attainment of students
- Which intervention could work best for your pupils?
- How to demonstrate successful outcomes in closing the attainment gap
- Understand and utilise the Pupil Premium toolkit and EEF research reports
- Reflect on your data
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, LondonGarfield House
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available