The skills required to successfully manage a project are broadly applicable, and relevant to nearly every job role in the public sector.
This course is aimed to help delegates understand and use project management skills to improve the quality of their work, productivity, and efficiency.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms, delegates will work on practical exercises in smaller groups to gain a better understanding of the fundamentals of project management.
Attend this one day course to understand the most appropriate methods to prepare and plan a project; gain project management tools and techniques; improve your decision making, and measure the success of your project.
There will be plenty of opportune moments for you to network, share resources and experiences with other delegates. Gain valuable contacts with other like-minded peers to create that invaluable support network to help you gain an all-round understanding of project management.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow.
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|About the trainer: Steve Browne
|Steve started as a computer programmer, working for a subsidiary of Nat West bank, before taking on a role in pre-sales consultancy and client training both in the UK and internationally.
He has worked for a broad range of clients including Nationwide Building Society, The Post Office, the Department for Work and Pensions, the Environment Agency, Hoover, Corus, British Airways and BMI British Midland as well as a number of banks, local authorities and housing associations.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 10:00
Virtual Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
Preparing and Planning a Project
- Understand the planning stages to a project
- Defining the project and it’s scope
- Establish what key things you need to take into account
- Learn how to assess the risks to a project
- Gain key tools and techniques for the successful delivery of a project
11:00 - 12:00
Improving Your Organisation and Time Management Skills for Successful Completion
- Learn how to prioritise and take control of your workload
- Effectively manage your workload by implementing organisational tips
- Ensure all projects are completed on time through improved organisational skills
- Understand how to delegate work effectively to ensure all targets are met
12:00 - 13:00
Effective Decision Making for Project Planning and Execution
- Explore the fundamentals of decision making
- Understand how a structural approach to decision making and problem-solving will have positive effects on your productivity and projects
- Learn how to effectively communicate, monitor and evaluate decisions to ensure an effective working environment
13:45 - 14:00
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 15:00
Achieving Successful Conflict Resolution throughout the Life Cycle of the Project
- Understand how conflict can occur within a team and how to the identify the source of the problem
- Learn the characteristics of challenging people and how to manage them in a professional manner
- Get to grips with techniques on how to prevent and manage conflict
- Explore the effects that conflict management can have on productivity and how to effectively manage this to ensure targets are met
15:00 - 16:00
Evaluating and Reviewing a Project
- Learn if your project was successful
- Design appropriate KPI’s to measure the performance
- Perform a cost-analysis
- Learn from mistakes and successes
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email@example.com if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.