Successful policy implementation is crucial to deliver the key objectives of any new policy. Inability to successfully deliver policy can waste precious time and resources; and will be unable to affect the desired changes set out through policy creation.
This Ensuring Effective Policy Implementation training course explores why policy delivery can sometimes fail and allows you to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid these, in turn equipping you with the tools required to ensure policies achieve their sought-after outcomes.
Attend to learn from real life examples, look at effective stakeholder involvement, and the role of monitoring and evaluation. Understand how to develop and monitor appropriate indicators for successful implementation and delivery.
The course ends with a session on how to write an effective delivery plan for you to take back to your organisation, ensuring you are fully equipped to implement policy effectively upon your return.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Chair’s Welcome and Introduction
10:00 - 10:30
The Role of Policy
- What is policy?
- The policy process
- Understanding policy objectives
- Identifying effective and ineffective policies
- The importance of effective implementation and delivery
10:30 - 11:15
What Is the Problem?
- Understand the nature, magnitude and causes of the problem
- Whose problem is it?
- Who does the problem affect?
- Using data sources to understand the problem
- Case Study: Obesity Prevention
11:15 - 11:30
11:30 - 12:00
Establishing a Theory of Change
- How is a policy supposed to work?
- What outcomes does the policy seek to achieve?
- What inputs, activities, agencies and outputs have to be in place to achieve the desired outcomes?
- What assumptions underly the theory of change?
- Case Study: Obesity Prevention
12:00 - 13:00
Stakeholder Involvement and Engagement
- The importance of stakeholder involvement
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Principles and methods of stakeholder involvement
- Assigning the best people for the job of implementation
- The role of governance and establishing accountability
- The importance of effective communication and clarity of language
14:00 - 15:00
Monitoring and Evaluation
- The difference between monitoring and evaluation
- Developing indicators
- Developing delivery and using trajectories
- Undertaking a delivery review
- Case Studies:
- Improving Outcomes in Mathematics Education
- Reducing Hospital Waiting Lists
15:00 - 15:15
15:15 - 16:00
Workshop: Writing an Implementation and Delivery Plan
- What goes into a delivery plan
- Levels of responsibility for implementation and delivery
- Administrative aspects of delivery
- Two real life case studies of past policy implementation:
- The Educational Maintenance Allowance
- The Job Rehabilitation and Retraining Programme
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor ,St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]