According to the UK Customer Satisfaction Index, customer satisfaction has begun to increase within the public sector from 2017 to 2018, however, it still remains among the lowest performing sectors when it comes to delivering customer service. Due to growing expectations, changing digital landscapes and varying customer needs, it is increasingly important for public sector organisations to take a more serious look at the robustness of their customer service strategy.
Understanding and identifying service users’ differing needs is vital to being able to provide efficient, specific services to everybody; for example, people from diverse cultural backgrounds or individuals with disabilities. On this interactive training course, learn how to empower your staff to provide excellent customer service, and equip them with the tools to communicate effectively with all service users.
Uncover best practice on how to effectively communicate with your organisation’s service users, understand how their needs may vary and how to impart these skills on your team upon return to work. Leave with the skills to effectively deliver excellent customer service to all groups in your locality and ensure a positive service environment throughout every interaction.
|About the Chair: Stuart Riddington
|Stuart is a business development and strategy expert, who is passionate about developing leaders and helping organisations move forward. He works with the private sector, third sector and public sector in a wide range of training and consultancy projects to develop income generation; leadership development and strategic positioning.
He has worked with NHS Trusts, government departments, local authorities, international, national and local charities, SME’s and Fortune 500 companies. Stuart has worked extensively with organisations internationally including the USA, Hong Kong, Tanzania, China, Mexico, El Salvador and Thailand. His creative approach to developing strategy and leaders means he is sought after consultant.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Chair’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
What Does Exceptional Service Look Like?
- Why is good customer service so important in the age of digital?
- Benchmark the current level of customer service at your organisation and understand what can be done to improve this
- Ensure a positive experience for all service users
- Learn how to put a positive outlook on a negative outcome
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Creating Excellent Customer Relationships
- Learn how to create effective and engaging customer relationships
- Discuss different ways of communicating with various groups of people
- Learn how cultural diversity and language can affect the service user’s expectations and explore innovative methods of communication to target this
- Understand possible barriers to communication with service users who have learning difficulties and how best to engage
12:00 - 13:00
Learning from Best Practice: Technology and Social Media
- Hear how Wrexham County Council have utilised technology within their customer service strategy, leading to increased customer satisfaction
- Study the customer service strategy of Leeds City Council, their chosen channels of communication and lessons learned from this
- Understand the benefits of using social media to create a direct link between you and your customer
- Discuss how to apply these transferable, best practice skills to your own organisation
13:45 - 14:30
Workshop: Improving Training to Achieve Customer Service Excellence
- Learn how to empower employees to deliver specific, personalised customer service
- Understand how to instil a culture of customer service excellence in your staff
- Take part in role-play exercises to explore how customer service agents should approach situations involving disgruntled and difficult service users
- Identify and realise best practice for staff working on the front line who deal directly with customers
14:30 - 16:00
Workshop: Implementing a Customer Service Excellence Strategy
Work with the Chair to create a next step plan on how to ensure customer service excellence at your organisation
- Why should customer retention be prioritised for public sector organisations?
- Monitoring and evaluating customer satisfaction to enable improvement
- Is outsourcing a viable option for your organisation?
- Evaluating the implications of digital on customer service
- Implementing customer feedback in to the service culture
- Create a practical guide to implementing a customer service culture in your organisation
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, London
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor ,St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]