Public sector organisations are changing, with a greater focus on integration and delivering more efficient and cost-effective customer-centric public services. In order to deliver service transformation and drive long-term results, a positive culture needs to be embedded.
This Enabling Effective Cultural Change course will give you the knowledge and skills to adapt behaviours and culture to embed change within your organisation. Learn how to build trust and inspire long-term staff engagement and buy-in.
Culture change can support the achievement of strategic objectives. Understand how to link organisational vision, mission and objectives to culture. Attend to gain insight into engaging and empowering staff, building trust and integrity, and creating a community of focused and flexible leaders.
An Introduction to Culture
- Understand what is meant by culture
- Establish how culture affects change in your organisation
- Examine the types of culture and the effect of culture on performance
Identify the Culture of Your Organisation
- Determine what creates and reinforces the culture of your organisation using the Cultural Web
- Utilise the cultural dimensions matrix to further explore the existing culture
- Assess the enablers and barriers to culture change
Designing an Effective Culture
- Establish your organisation’s ideal culture for implementing change
- Use tools to design an effective culture
- Link your organisational vision, mission and objectives to culture
- Understand how culture change can support the achievement of strategic objectives
Explore the Link between Culture and Behaviour
- Examine the impact culture has upon behaviour
- Encourage staff to look at their own behaviour and influence the culture
- Aligning culture, behaviours and beliefs to achieve success
Understanding Behavioural Economics
- Consider why we behave the way we do
- Develop a leadership culture that influences staff to exhibit positive behaviours
- Understanding enabling mechanisms for culture change
Emotions, Culture and Behaviour
- Explore eight areas of emotional decision making in the context of cultural and behavioural change
- Understand how these areas impact upon decision making and how they can develop leadership styles that influence cultural change
- Building trust and integrity
Leading Cultural Change
In this session, delegates will recap on areas of cultural development identified during the day.
- Identify key changes to be adopted within your organisation
- Develop a structured action plan of how to implement change
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – The Hatton, London51-53 Hatton Garden
020 7242 4123
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Local Government, Housing, Education & Health
Group booking discounts available