Social housing organisations are facing increased scrutiny to excel at customer service and handle complaints effectively.
In order to improve tenant customer satisfaction and avoid escalation of complaints to the Housing Ombudsman; it is essential that local authorities and housing associations develop a more robust complaint handling system.
On this Effectively Handling Complaints in Housing delegates will learn the necessary tools and techniques to deliver a complaints handling system that reduces costs, increases efficiency and maintains your organisation’s reputation.
Chair’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Understand the Role of the Housing Ombudsman Service
- Work with the Housing Ombudsman on developing a complaint reduction plan
- Learn about the powers granted to the Housing Ombudsman
- Gain clarity on the Housing Ombudsman’s role
- Understand the Housing Ombudsman expectations of Housing Associations
- Address complaints from residents in new properties
Best Practice: Responding to Complaints about Repairs/Defects
- Learn best practice from a leading housing association, which won the CIH 2016 Housing Awards for best response to repairs
- Learn from Golding Services, which has delivered 66,000 repairs, and improved customer satisfaction rates to 98.80%
- Improve your response rates to complaints about defects
Best Practice: Resolving Complaints about Anti-Social Behaviour
- Gain best practice from an innovative housing association, which has been awarded the CIH 2016 award for tackling anti-social behaviour.
- Develop clear strategies when managing a tenants complaint about anti-social behaviour
- Learn how to work with the police and other agencies when responding to complaints
- Train and support staff to help them identify and tackle anti-social behaviour
Utilise Customer feedback to Improve Services
- Learn how to use complaints to improve services
- Assess the root causes of regular complaints and identifying priority areas for improvement
- Filter out the vexatious complainants
- Handling complaints effectively on a tight budget
Workshop: Develop a Strategy to Improve Response to Complaints
Discuss in groups and with the Chair the best methods to improve your organisation’s response to complaints.
- Learn how to deal with repeat complainants and vexatious complaints
- Develop strategies to mitigate the impact of a complaint on your organisation’s reputation
- Create an action plan to improve your complaint handling system
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – The Hatton, London51-53 Hatton Garden
020 7242 4123
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available