With the Government extending the requirements of the Social Value Act 2012, it has never been more important to be able to effectively measure and report on the social value added by your organisation. With some aspects of social value being considered to be non-tangible and many different methods to measuring social value being available, it can be difficult to navigate through and can act as a barrier to implementation.
This course outlines the principles of social value and will help you to develop a greater depth of awareness, knowledge and practical skills to help you embed social value within your organisation and will equip you with the tools to report on activities relating to social value in order to prove your organisation’s positive and local contribution.
|About the Chair: Richard Dickins
|Richard is the Managing Director of the Social Value Business and considered a leading subject matter expert on Social Value in the UK. Richard draws upon over 20 years of cross-sector experience when working with clients ranging from £1m to £5bn in turnover. Richard has built the Social Value Business on the belief that any organisation can be values-led; within the past 5 years he has supported 63 charities/social enterprises, 8 public sector spin outs, 6 Local Authorities, 2 CCGs, 11 Housing Associations and 3 multi-national corporations to embed social value.
Richard is a founder of the UK’s only Social Value Quality Mark and has shared his knowledge and insight through acting as Council Members for Social Enterprise UK, the Methodology & Assurance Committee and Council for the Development of SROI. Richard has worked with the Cabinet Office to deliver training and lectures and consults at Oxford, Manchester and Staffordshire Universities. Alongside being a Royal Society for Arts and Economics (RSA) Fellow, Richard is also SEDFI qualified and historically an ISO Auditor.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Introduction
10:00 - 11:00
Social Value Principles
- What is social value?
- Why is it important to consider social value?
- How can social value benefit both your organisation and the wider community?
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:15
Methods of Measurement
- Popular approaches to social value measurement:
- Social Return on Investment (SROI)
- Local Multiplier 3+ (LM3+)
- Social Responsibility IS 26000
- Setting standards of measurement
- Determine which method is the most well-suited to your organisation
- Putting social value into the context of the UN Sustainability Goals and how these are reported
13:00 - 14:15
Workshop: Impact Mapping & Reporting
- Understand context and stakeholder needs
- Identify factors which are important to measure
- Develop indicators to show that change will happen
- Learn how to collect information
- How to show progress against organisation objectives
- How to assess on reporting and continue improvements for the future
14:15 - 15:00
Case Studies & Analysis of Good Practice
- Discuss and hear from a number of timely, best practice case studies delivering social value
- Analysis of what went well and why
15:00 - 15:15
15:15 - 16:00
Workshop: Application of Learned Tools
- How to apply social value measurement to your organisation
- Choosing the right method of measurement for you
- Formation of a delivery plan to implement on return to work
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
Hallam Conference Centre
44 Hallam St,
+44 (0)20 7706 7700
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]