With the current constraint on budgets and resources, an ability to think strategically is particularly important, and can benefit professionals at any level, especially in the public sector.
Attend this course to change your thinking, challenge perceptions and plan actions that will enable change. Hone your skills in a collaborative and open training environment.
This highly interactive course allows you to evaluate your performance, address your weaknesses and gain a deeper understanding of how imaginative thinking can improve your work.
|About the Chair: Judy Oliver
|Judy specialises in leadership development, strategic thinking, transition planning and facilitation of multi-agency and multi-professional partnerships and teams and community consultations. Her portfolio of work includes executive coaching and development for directors and people in organisations across all sectors but particularly local government and the NHS.
Judy is an accredited assessor for the Myers Brigg Type Indicator and has qualified as a Thinking Environment Consultant and Coach with Nancy Kline and a Transitions Consultant with William Bridges in the US. Judy was a non-executive director in the NHS for twelve years with two hospitals and a Primary Care Trust. Prior to starting her own business, she held senior roles in local government including Head of HR for Education in Kent County Council and Advisor to the Deputy Chief Executive. Before this, Judy worked for BP for seventeen years in a variety of personnel, industrial relations and legal roles across the spectrum of the oil industry from exploration to marketing.
09:15 - 09:45
Coffee and Registration
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- What do you want to achieve today?
10:00 - 11:00
What Exactly is Strategic Thinking?
- What myths exist about ‘strategic thinking’? What is true?
- What good examples of strategy have you seen and what made them good?
- What is your strategic issue?
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:30
The Benefits of Strategic Analysis
- External environment v. internal capability?
- What external factors could help or hinder?
- What possible scenarios do you need to be prepared for?
13:15 - 15:00
Using Strategic Analysis in Your Organisation
- What is your vision of success?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- How strong do those relationships need to be and how can you strengthen them?
- Who do you need to influence?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses?
15:00 - 15:15
15:00 - 16:00
Effective Strategic Implementation
- What is the difference between change and transition?
- What do your priorities need to be?
- Overcoming your own limiting assumptions
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
- Develop your ability and confidence to think strategically
- Think about what strategic thinking means in practice and why it is important
- Consider the essential link between policy and strategy, what the strategy needs to achieve and the perspectives of stakeholders
- Learn practical tools and techniques which can be applied immediately
- Practise using these and build your confidence in applying them
etc. Venues – Prospero House, London
241 Borough High St
020 7105 6030
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]