While you’re working hard to provide the best possible service in the worst possible circumstances, sadly not everyone will have subscribed to the #BeKind movement.
We really hope the number of compliments you receive has gone up. We’re sure the number of complaints you will receive will too.
This training course has been specifically designed to help you write more efficient, empathic responses that show the reader they’ve been understood and heard.
You’ll hear about best practice in other organisations and:
- Review real life examples of complaint responses
- Find out how you can effectively assess and plan your reply
- Think about the balance between stock replies and personal responses and what works well on different occasions
- Use checklists to assess your own response
- Use the four-bar grid to find the complainant’s ‘trigger point’ to help you produce better, more accurate answers
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Complaints in the Public Sector: What is Working and What Needs Improving?
- Gain an overview of trends and insight into the most common complaints for public sector organisations
- Assess how Covid-19 has impacted the complaint landscape
- Understand the effects that complaints have on both staff and the people who depend on the level of service they provide
10:45 - 11:30
Analysing Examples of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly Practice
- Assess a range of real-life correspondence
- Identify best practice regarding style, tone, vocabulary, presentation of facts and evidence, and receive expert comment
11:30 - 11:45
11:45 - 12:45
Assessing and Planning Your Reply
- Understand how correspondents want their complaint handled and what they expect from the reply
- Identifying ‘trigger’ points within a complaint
- Develop planning tools to create a suitable reply
13:45 - 14:30
Summarising Complex Information
- How to summarise complex information into language and a structure that can be easily understood
- Ensure that your response is delivered efficiently
- Introduce a six part grid to help with this process
14:30 - 16:00
Creating Compelling Correspondence
In this practical session, delegates will have the opportunity to create their own best practise with the aid of the trainer
- Utilise skills developed throughout the day to create letters
- Develop your own best practice
- Identify areas for improvement
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.