The Public Sector is responsible for a large and varied property portfolio, therefore having robust procedures in place to comply with statutory building responsibilities is crucial to avoiding disasters.
Effective Premises Compliance Audits is a practical and informative course giving you the opportunity to carry out a mock premises compliance audit, which will help you identify risks to health and safety and demonstrate compliance with the statutory regulations.
Attend to gain the necessary skills to avoid fines, legal and regulatory action. Leave the day confident that you and your organisation are compliant with health and safety regulations leading to effective premises compliance.
Coronavirus Update: https://www.moderngov.com/covid-19-update/
|About the Trainer: Peter Phillips
|Peter qualified as an Environmental Health Officer in 1980 and has been in continuous practice in that profession ever since, working both in the public and private sectors. He is a Senior Consultant with LRB Consulting Ltd, where he is valued for his experience, his thoughtful approach to client issues, and his practical solutions to their problems.
During that period, he has been actively involved in the founding and development of the health and safety hygiene and environmental protection courses and is a founder member of the Environmental Health and Safety Training Council. His lecturing experience is diverse, ranging in venue from Cambridge University and Ashridge Management College to the teaching of inmates within prisons.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Premises Compliance: Health and Safety Basis
- Gain a brief insight into relevant health and safety legislation
- The concept of joint liability
- Landlord and tenant duties
- Establish what good compliance looks like
- Proactive versus reactive
- The price of failure
- Compliance with statutory requirements
- The relationship between risk assessment and good audit practice
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Effective Health and Safety Estate Management
- Conditions surveys and prioritisation of maintenance works
- Providing a means of prioritising scarce resources to the most essential repairs or the highest priority premises
- Learn how to focus on urgent repairs
- Effectively manage building projects
- The role of CDM and project management
- Selecting and managing contractors
- Practical management rather than excessive bureaucracy
12:00 - 13:00
Compliance Management and Audit Skills
- A practical approach to audit and control including:
- Fire safety
- Disabled access
- Lift maintenance
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Carrying Out a Premises Compliance Audit (Flexible Afternoon Break)
In this workshop session, you will learn how to carry out a mock premises compliance audit and gain expert feedback from the trainer
- Utilise record-keeping techniques to manage property records
- Maintain property data to a higher standard
- Learn how to monitor your health and safety compliance
- Develop effective procedures to carry out a premise compliance audit
- Design a checklist to help with the audit
- Keep a detailed logbook on all health and safety issues
- Document your premises compliance
- Gain the practical tools to carry out a premise audit
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation and Closing Remarks
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.