Measuring the correct Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) can help your organisation to improve outcomes, enhance productivity and demonstrate value for money that taxpayers demand.
Join Michael Bourne, an expert in performance management systems, to ensure you are measuring the right KPIs to positively improve your organisation’s performance.
Attend this Effective Performance Management and Analysis course to gain knowledge on how to effectively analyse and use data to enhance performance. Learn how to best adapt your organisation to new pressures and develop an action plan with innovative methods to measure productivity.
|About the Chair: Michael Bourne
|Mike is Professor of Business Performance and Director of the Centre for Business Performance at Cranfield University.
Before his academic career, Mike spent 15 years in business. He gained his PhD from the University of Cambridge in 2001, researching the design and implementation of balanced performance measurement systems. He has spent the last fifteen years working with companies and quasi-public sector organisations supporting senior management teams through the process of clarifying and executing their strategy and designing and using their measurement systems.
He has authored over 100 publications, and is co-author of several books including The Handbook of Corporate Performance Management, Balanced Scorecard – Instant Manager and Getting the Measure of your Business. Mike is a Chartered Management Accountant and a Chartered Engineer.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Innovative Approaches to Measuring Productivity
- How can the devolved approach to performance management improve your organisation’s performance?
- Establish what good productivity looks like
- Learn how to use innovative methods to measure your organisation’s productivity
- How to best adapt to increased transparency and scrutiny
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Best Practice Measurement Performance Tools
In this engaging and interactive session, practice different ways of measuring your organisation’s performance.
- What are you measuring?
- Establish what your organisation wants to achieve
- Use the scorecard and success mapping to successfully measure your organisation’s performance
12:00 - 13:00
Effectively Using Data to Make Good Business Decisions
- Design appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and performance measurements that will drive outcomes
- Overcome challenges in using data to make business decisions
- Look at your key objectives and what you realistically want to achieve
- Discuss the best approach to ensure effective cost structure and benchmarking
- Use this information to improve outcomes for your service users
14:00 - 14:45
Enhance Performance through Effective Data Analysis
- Recognise business trends that will have an impact on your organisation
- Ascertain the success of your organisation’s goal through measuring data
- Utilise your data sets to help you measure and manage performance
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Managing Performance through Data
This interactive session will review what you have learnt about measuring and managing performance. Design your own organisational review meeting and reflect on best practice.
- Practice how you can use data to improve your organisation’s performance
- The Performance Planning Value Chain – a framework for effective business decision making
- Create an effective performance review
- Ensure that you have the key competencies in place to improve performance
- Leave the day with an action plan to improve your organisation’s performance
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]