This Excel at Data Sharing training day gives you the latest guidance to ensure your data sharing procedures fully comply with the more robust data protection framework.
With an increase emphasis on data sharing between organisations, it is essential that you have practical strategies and procedures in place to share data in a more secure and efficient way.
Attend this Excel at Data Sharing training course to gain actionable strategies to securely share data. Leave the day with the knowledge to excel in data sharing and take away practical guidance to produce your own information sharing agreement.
“A very well presented course with useful information for all sectors delivered by a very knowledgeable trainer” – Privacy Advisor, Metropolitan Police
|About the Chair: Lynn Wyeth
Lynn is the Information Governance Manager at Leicester City Council. Having previously worked as an MP and MEP’s political assistant, Lynn moved to her local council where she now oversees the Council’s Information Governance agenda including data protection, FOI, information sharing, RIPA and CCTV.
She has also helped health organisations with their information governance procedures.
Lynn is the author of two books, A Practical Guide to Handling Freedom of Information Requests and Data Protection: Compliance in Practice.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Chair’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Workshop: Data Protection Legislation and Information Sharing
- Ensure your information sharing procedures fully comply with the GDPR and Data Protection 2018 Act
- Gain a firm understanding of the new ICO data sharing code of practice
- Understand the legislations territory scope
- Consider the legal basis of information sharing
- Understand the lawful basis for sharing data
- Identify and overcome the legal risks associated with increases in sharing data
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop: Developing a Data Sharing Culture
- Promote areas of good practice in information governance
- Working in partnerships to ensure the secure sharing of data
- Responding to the information governance challenges posed by open data and the need for transparency
- Train staff to confidently share data in a secure way
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop: Information Sharing in Action
- Explore how multi-agency working initiative in Leicester has reduced the demand for emergency services
- Establish when data sharing is necessary
- Develop effective working partnership with other organisations to securely share data
- Create more efficient process to seamlessly share data
- Identify and overcome cultural barriers to sharing information
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Producing an Information Sharing Agreement (Flexible Afternoon Break)
In this session, you will produce your own information sharing agreements and will receive feedback from the trainer.
- Learn what key aspects to include in an agreement
- Determine what the basis for data sharing is
- Establish what information can and can’t be shared
- Ascertain how the information will be shared
- Establish the length of the agreement
- Detail retention and destruction schedules
- Consider data security issues when writing an Information Sharing Agreement
- Data subject access requests
- Identify recipients and organisations who the information can be shared with
- Outline the sanctions for failure to comply
- Evaluate and review the agreement
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.