This Effective Information Sharing training gives you the latest guidance to ensure your information sharing procedures fully comply with the latest and more robust data protection framework.
With an increase emphasis on information sharing between organisations, it is essential that you have practical strategies and procedures in place to share data in a secure and more efficient way.
Attend this Effective Information Sharing training course to gain actionable strategies to securely share data. Leave the day with the knowledge to excel in data sharing and take away practical guidance to produce your own information sharing agreement.
|About the Chair: Iain Harrison
|Iain Harrison is a specialist on data protection, environmental information, freedom of information and open data, information security and surveillance law.
Iain brings 15 years of experience in delivering consultancy, advice and guidance in information law-related topics to a variety of public, private and voluntary organisations. He currently manages an Information Governance & Risk Team and is responsible for preparation and implementation of the GDPR within a large unitary local authority and giving support to its partner organisations.
In addition to his day-job, Iain continues to deliver training and consultancy on information law issues to a variety of public-sector, third sector and private clients. The GDPR, both planning for and implementation is his main current focus, and he has recently worked with voluntary organisations, schools and the health sector to deliver training and consultancy.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Chair’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:45
Workshop: Data Protection Legislation and Information Sharing
- Ensure your information sharing procedures fully comply with the GDPR and Data Protection 2018 Act
- Gain a firm understanding of the new ICO data sharing code of practice
- Understand the legislations territory scope
- Consider the legal basis of information sharing
- Identify and overcome the legal risks associated with increases in sharing data
10:45 - 11:00
11:00 - 12:00
Workshop: Developing a Data Sharing Culture
- Promote areas of good practice in information governance
- Working in partnerships to ensure the secure sharing of data
- Responding to the information governance challenges posed by open data and the need for transparency
- Train staff to confidently share data in a secure way
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop: Information Sharing in Action
- Explore how multi-agency working initiative in Leicester has reduced the demand for emergency services
- Develop effective working partnership with other organisations to securely share data
- Create more efficient process to seamlessly share data
- Identify and overcome cultural barriers to sharing information
14:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Producing an Information Sharing Agreement (Flexible Afternoon Break)
In this session, you will produce your own information sharing agreements and will receive feedback from the trainer.
- Learn what key aspects to include in an agreement
- Determine what the basis for data sharing is
- Establish what information can and can’t be shared
- Ascertain how the information will be shared
- Establish the length of the agreement
- Detail retention and destruction schedules
- Consider data security issues when writing an Information Sharing Agreement
- Data subject access requests
- Identify recipients and organisations who the information can be shared with
- Outline the sanctions for failure to comply
- Evaluate and review the agreement
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]