With preparation underway for the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), now is a crucial time to ensure your information sharing procedures are compliant with the incoming regulation.
Information sharing is key to the Government’s goal of delivering better, more efficient public services that are coordinated around the needs of the individual. Through an effective information sharing process, you can deliver choice, efficiency and value for money in many of the services your organisation provides.
This interactive one-day Effective Multi-Agency Information Sharing course, led by Lynn Wyeth and featuring best practice case studies, gives you the necessary skills and confidence to overcome challenges of sharing information whilst making sure that you comply with the highest standards of data protection.
|About the Chair: Lynn Wyeth|
|Lynn is the Information Governance Manager at Leicester City Council. Having previously worked as an MP and MEP’s political assistant, Lynn moved to her local council where she now oversees the Council’s Information Governance agenda including data protection, FOI, information sharing, RIPA and CCTV. She has also helped health organisations with their information governance procedures.
Lynn is the author of two books, A Practical Guide to Handling Freedom of Information Requests and Data Protection: Compliance in Practice. Find out more.
Chair’s Welcome & Clarification of Learning Objectives
Establishing Effective Information Sharing Practices
- Gain a thorough understanding of the key principles of information sharing and examine the data sharing code of practice
- Types of data sharing – systematic data sharing, ad hoc, sharing with a data processor or sharing within organisations
- Sharing personal data: factors to consider, conditions for processing, informing the individual, sharing without their knowledge and dealing with individuals’ rights and objections
- Understand the role and responsibilities of Senior Information Risk Owners, Data Protection Officers and Information Asset Owners and Administrators when it comes to information sharing
GDPR: New Principles and Accountability
- Discover GDPR’s scope & territory and updated conditions for processing
- Learn about special category data, revised principles, and new rights of the data subject
- Creating an Information Asset Register and monitoring processing activities
- Data breach reporting and fines – what are the ICO’s powers and penalties
Legal Essentials of Information Sharing
- Consider the legal basis of information sharing and identify the legal risks associated with increases in sharing data
- Ensure that you are compliant with the existing legal framework and forthcoming changes
- Data Protection Act, the Freedom of Information Act and General Data Protection Regulations in relation to information sharing
Take this opportunity to have your questions answered in this legal troubleshooting session
Case Study: Effective Multi-Agency Information Sharing
- Explore how multi-agency working within the Braunstone Blues initiative in Leicester has reduced the demand for emergency services
- Know how to establish good information sharing partnerships and enable effective data sharing
- Identify how to design consistent and simple information sharing protocols to streamline processes
- Understand how to overcome cultural differences to information sharing within a multi-agency setting to ensure trust between organisations, clearer accountability and less duplication
Workshop: Embedding an Effective Information Sharing Culture
In this practical afternoon session, you will work with the Chair and in groups to develop effective processes and improve the way you share information with other organisations
- Develop practical solutions for achieving successful multi-agency information procedures
- Assess and overcome cultural barriers to sharing information
- Reconcile data management with effective governance in order to avoid breaches
- Balance data quality with security
- Make sure that data is to a high standard, to improve secure and efficient sharing
- Engender an appreciation for high quality data management within your organisation
- Train staff to ensure that they are effective at data handling
- Establish information sharing protocols and agreements
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
America Square1 America Square,
+44 (0)20 7706 7700
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available