Data protection impact assessments (DPIAs) are a mandatory requirement, under the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR, for all organisations who process and possess large amounts of personal data.
This highly practical and interactive Effective Data Protection Impact Assessments training course provides you with the necessary skills to carry out DPIAs, to comply with the latest data protection legislation.
Through practical and interactive workshop sessions, understand the role of DPIAs in ensuring compliance with the latest data protection legislation and learn how to effectively use DPIA in your organisation.
By attending this Effective Data Protection Impact Assessments course, gain the skills to embed a privacy by design approach and leave the day with methods to reduce or eliminate privacy risks to your organisation.
|About the Chair: Lynn Wyeth
|Lynn is the Information Governance Manager at Leicester City Council. Having previously worked as an MP and MEP’s political assistant, Lynn moved to her local council where she now oversees the Council’s Information Governance agenda including data protection, FOI, information sharing, RIPA and CCTV. She has also helped health organisations with their information governance procedures.
Lynn is the author of two books, A Practical Guide to Handling Freedom of Information Requests and Data Protection: Compliance in Practice. Find out more.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
Data Protection Impact Assessments and Data Protection Legislation
- Understand the role of DPIAs in ensuring compliance with GDPR
- How DPIAs can help you to develop more effective information governance strategies
- Case studies of effective use of DPIAs
- Ensure effective compliance with the GDPR
11:00 - 12:00
Identifying the Need for a DPIA
- Learn how to answer screening questions to identify a proposal’s potential impact on privacy
- Understand how project management activity can address privacy issues
- Discuss privacy issues with key stakeholders
12:00 - 13:00
Describing Information Flows
- Gain the confidence to explain how information will be obtained, used and retained
- Engender an appreciation and awareness of DPIA within your organisation
- Consult colleagues on the practical implications of using data
- Identify potential future uses of information
14:00 - 14:45
Privacy and Related Risks
- Record the risks to individuals, including possible intrusions on privacy where appropriate
- Assess the corporate risks including regulatory action, reputational damage and loss of public trust
- Conduct a compliance check against the GDPR and other relevant legislation
- Maintain a record of the identified risks
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Identifying and Evaluating Privacy Solutions
- Develop methods to reduce or eliminate privacy risks
- Assess the costs and benefits of each approach, looking at the impact on privacy and the effect on the project outcomes
- Refer back to the privacy risk register until satisfied with the overall privacy impact
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.