Major incidents, like floods and cyber attacks, can quickly go viral and fills social media channels with complaints and negative comments. Communicating through a crisis requires you to effectively respond online, to influence commentary and establish facts for your customers.
Through a unique simulation workshop session, develop more effective online responses to crises which will help improve resilience and enhance the reputation of your organisation.
Join our expert trainer, Tim Lloyd, Former Head of Digital Communications at the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills and Department for Health, and leave with an action plan to implement effective online responses to a crisis communications strategies in your organisation.
Check out our new blog post: “How to Stop the Snowball Effect with Crisis Comms?“
Trainer's Welcome & Introduction
Understand the Nature of a Crisis
- Define the strategic opportunity of effective crisis communications
- Understand the need to manage expectations
- Spot and deal with issues before they escalate
- Examine the psychological factors related to crisis scenarios
- Learn from real case studies of customer service issues and online disputes
Crisis Planning - 360° Preparedness
- The core components of a crisis communications plan: team roles, checklists and default strategies
- Assess your digital vulnerability: review risks and exposure
- Understand and monitor exposure to your stakeholder’s use of digital platforms
- Effectively train and prepare your spokespeople for a crisis
Handle the Media and Enhance Your Reputation
- Learn how to successfully deal with the media
- Best practice: what to say and how to say it well
Crisis Response Workshop (with flexible coffee break)
90’ minutes Live Crisis Communications Exercise
In this interactive workshop, with the use of laptops and a crisis simulation programme developed by the trainer, you will take part in realistic crisis simulations and learn how to respond to live crisis scenarios.
- Explore the crisis scenario – real life examples of gender equality issues or online complaints
- Learn how to effectively use digital tools and social media channels during crises
- Draft your crisis handling strategy
- Communicate successfully to other members of staff
- Adapt messages to handling the media
- Harness online support and community resilience
- Assess and monitor the crisis
- Engage in a live online Twitter stream
- Evaluate your response when the incident is over
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
America Square1 America Square,
+44 (0)20 7706 7700
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available