Effective bids are crucial for organisations to win business and gain funds for projects. Writing a successful bid, however, demands a thorough, considered approach.
This Effective Bid Writing course takes you on a step-by-step guide through the process of bid writing, providing you with helpful checklists along the way, for use back at the office.
The course comprises of tutor input, delegate discussion and group work, to help bid writers understand how to produce effective written bids.
Attend this course to gain the tools you need to submit your proposal in the most effective, persuasive way possible and to gain valuable new business for your organisation.
|About the Chair: Sue Calthorpe
|Susan is an experienced communications professional who trains a number of high-profile organisations to enhance their communication, through writing in a more business critical way to writing more effective reports. Susan works with a wide number of public and private sector organisations to help improve writing skills and wider communications, with a range of training including production of communications strategies, face-to-face briefing, communicating complex information, presentation, media handling and key messaging and a variety of advanced writing and verbal presentation techniques.
Her recent clients include Aston Martin, Fujifilm, BP, LA Fitness, G4S, Hanover, Norfolk County Council, British Airways, Marks and Spencer, Devon County Council, Citizen’s Advice Bureau, The General Dental Council, the Wine Institute of California, Shelter and The Law Society. Find out more here.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
Plan for a Successful Bid Application
- Planning your approach to the process and aligning your objectives
- How to identify vital resources
- Learn who to talk to before completing the bid
- Gather evidence to support your bid
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Answering the Bid’s Questions
- Understand the question to give the right answer
- Gain best practice through real-life bid questions to help you identify the information
- Learn how to provide more comprehensive responses to questions
12:00 - 12:45
Beat the Competition
- Learn the difference between process and outcome-driven writing
- Use of the correct language to promote yourself and stand out from the competition
- Outlining your unique selling points and how you will help the buyer meet their objectives
- Define ingredients for a compelling written argument
- Hear from an innovative case study on their bidding success and how they gained competitive advantage
13:45 - 14:30
Evaluating and Monitoring Bids
- Gain a number of techniques to evaluate and monitor the performance of the bid
- Learn how to keep projects on track
- Provide management information to funding organisations
14:30 - 14:45
14:45 - 16:00
Practise and Refine your Bid Writing Skills
- Bring together the day’s learning with group discussion, questions and practical exercises to embed the day’s learning
- Use real-life materials to practice your bid writing and produce a short bid
- Leave the day confident in your ability to write a successful bid
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or firstname.lastname@example.org if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com.