Effective bids can help organisations win business and gain funds for projects. Writing a successful bid, however, demands a thorough, considered approach.
This Effective Bid Writing course takes you on a step-by-step guide through the process of bid writing, providing you with helpful checklists along the way, for use back at the office.
The course comprises of tutor input, delegate discussion and group work, to help bid writers understand what they need to do, to produce effective written bids.
Attend this Effective Bid Writing course to gain tools you need to show your proposal in the most effective, persuasive way possible.
Trainer's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Plan for Success
- Discover Sue’s checklist of key things to consider before you begin your application.
- Planning your approach to the process and aligning your objectives
- How to identify vital resources
- Gather evidence to support your bid
Prepare to Write
- Establishing the approach you will take with your bid and how to plan effectively
- Defining your ‘must know’ information – the vital points in your bid
- Understanding the question is half the battle – Identifying what the buyer wants
- Work through real-life bid questions to ensure you are able to identify the most salient information
- How to use evaluation criteria to best effect
Write with Skill
- Learn how high quality writing will aid your success
- Discover Sue’s tried and tested bid-writing structures
- Discover the impact an effective structure can have on your bid
- Ensuring accuracy in content, structure and grammar
- Making your bid look professional
- Critique real-life examples
- Organising your information in a logical format that is easily understood
- Learn the difference between process and outcome-driven writing
- Using the correct language to promote yourself and stand out from the competition
- Outlining your unique selling points and how you will help the buyer meet their objectives
- Define ingredients for a compelling written argument
- Hear from an innovative case study on their bidding success and how they gained a competitive advantage
Practise and Refine your Bid Writing Skills
- Bring together the day’s learning with group discussion, questions and practical exercises to embed the day’s learning
- Use real-life materials to practice your bid writing and produce a short bid
- Leave the day confident in your ability to write a successful bid
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available