As learner expectations continue to rise, universities must embrace digital innovation throughout the student journey. With over 80% of University students relying on digital resources to complete their studies, it is becoming increasingly important for Higher Education institutions to create an immersive digital environment. This interactive training course teaches you how to effectively incorporate technology in to the digital student experience through social media and learner dashboards.
This Transforming Digital Student Experience in Higher Education course gives you the necessary tools to advance student learning and experience. This course will offer you the unique experience to learn from expert speakers in the field of digital student engagement in an informal workshop environment.
Gain knowledge on innovative digital learning and engagement models, learn how to improve the digital literacy of staff and develop an action plan for creating an effective digital development strategy for your University.
Keep your competitive edge by utilising new digital tools and systems to evolve your current practices and improve student experience.
Chair's Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
Using Digital Learning to Create Effective Engaging Learning
- Engage students in the development of digital environments and practices
- Ensure that digital learning is used effectively to engage students
- Understand the common barriers to digital student engagement and how to overcome these
- Learn how incorporating online learning can increase student engagement
Using Learner Dashboards as Part of The Digital Student Experience
- Understand how designs of learner dashboard can effectively engage students
- Learn how creating an effective learner dashboard can increase student engagement
- Gain insight into how effective learner dashboards can support students
- Learn how to engage students in a conversation about their response to learner dashboards
- Understand challenges of implementing learner dashboards and how to overcome these
Leading Digital Change: The Challenge of Social Media
- Understand different perspectives surrounding creating a digital experience
- Take an in-depth look at how behaviours modelled by staff impact the student digital experience
- Design more effective student services using various digital platforms, including social media
- Explore considerations for working online in open digital places
Workshop: Utilising Social Media to Enhance Digital Learning
Prepare an action plan on how to incorporate social media in to students’ digital learning experiences
- Learn how to use social media to enhance student learning
- Learn about different approaches to using social media in education
- Gain insight in to how social media can create engaging learning experiences
- Analyse examples on how social media can be implemented in to everyday learning for students and the effect this has
Workshop: Engaging Academic Staff in Digital Capability Development
- Identify the extent to which staff are supported to develop digital skills for learning & teaching
- Produce a next step action plan for implementing a digital development strategy in your university
- Learn how to recognise & reward excellence in the use of digital tools for learning & teaching
- Analyse the barriers to realising improvements in transforming staff digital capability and how to overcome them
- Explore practical examples of implementing a strategic approach to staff digital capability
Feedback, Evaluation and Close
etc. Venues – Victoria, LondonOne Drummond Gate,
020 3735 8600
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available