In order to provide excellent services, your organisation needs to be efficient and operate with a culture of high performance.
High-performing teams deliver better, more efficient outcomes with the same resources as others.
On this Developing High-Performing Teams training course, acquire the necessary skills to create a more productive organisation. Learn how to enhance the performance of your staff and improve processes to ensure your organisation achieves its outcomes.
Facilitated by Hayley Lewis, an expert in high-performing teams, this energising and practical course will empower you with a range of techniques, ideas and a personalised action plan.
|About the Chair: Hayley Lewis
|Hayley is an award-winning psychologist with 20 years’ experience in the field of organisational and business psychology.
Prior to setting up her own business, Hayley spent 11 years leading various local government services, such as organisational development; ICT strategy; customer services; communications and digital transformation. During this time, she won national recognition for her work on leadership development, culture change and digital transformation. Before this, Hayley spent eight years at the BBC where she was an organisational psychologist working on culture change and leadership development.
Hayley is a respected lecturer on MSc Organisational and Business Psychology programmes at City University and Coventry University. Her specialist topics are leading change, organisational culture and building high-performance teams. She also leads the weekend school, for part-time MSc students at Kingston Business School, delivering lectures on leadership development, creativity and innovation, consultancy skills and leading organisational change.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 10:20
Evaluate Your Current Team Structures
- Understand the difference between groups and teams
- Identify the different types of teams and the challenges these bring
- The stages of team formation and your role as the leader
10:20 - 11:00
The High Performing Team Model
- Get to grips with the eight key factors that make a high performing team (HPT)
- Identify which factors your team does well and which it can improve upon
- Discuss the main characteristics of the model and why it works
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 11:45
Drive Success through Effective Team Objectives
- The psychological theory of goal-setting
- Develop clarity of your team’s purpose
- Have an agreed set of annual objectives
11:45 - 12:15
Create an Effective Structure for Professional Development
- Appreciate the importance of a skills audit
- Understand different learning styles and speeds
- Developing a learning and development programme for your team
12:15 - 12:45
Create a Collaborative Environment for High Performing Teams
- The ingredients of team culture and climate
- The importance of (and difference between) coaching and mentoring
- Mapping your own relationships with your peers
12:45 - 13:15
Develop Effective Incentives to Enhance Performance
- The importance of looking outside your organisation
- Benchmarking against other teams
- Thinking strategically and tactically about awards
14:00 - 14:30
Create a Results-Orientated Team Culture
- Gain confidence in tackling poor performance
- The importance of managing performance
- The performance-attitude mix
- How to give difficult feedback
14:30 - 15:00
Enhance Productivity through Effective Engagement
- Learn how to communicate and engage compellingly to build commitment
- Analyse different ways to communicate and engage
- Discuss the importance of knowing each team member and their preferences
15:00 - 15:30
Establish Standards of Excellence for Your Team
- Clarify standards of service and ways to reward excellence
- Know your customers and the standards they expect
- Define what ‘excellence’ looks like for your team
- Methods to reward and recognise your team members
15:30 - 15:45
15:45 - 16:15
Principled Leadership in Action
- Work on practical exercises to develop your leadership style
- It starts and ends with you: the importance of leading by example
- Building your own leadership development plan
- Your commitment to what happens next
16:15 - 16:30
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Yes. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here