The concept of developing a growth mindset involves a person’s ability to be flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change. It is the fundamental belief that our basic abilities can be developed through persistence, dedication and flexibility.
Through recognising and developing the key elements of a growth mindset, including goal-setting, self-improvement and the importance of collaboration, you can drastically improve your ability to view changing circumstances as golden opportunities, leading to increased confidence, motivation and success in the workplace.
Attend to become more effective when dealing with unforeseen circumstances and acquire the skills to improve motivation, morale and performance in your teams, as well as personal productivity.
Through a range of practical workshops and exercises facilitated by award-winning organisational psychologist Hayley Lewis, this highly interactive course teaches you how to develop your growth mindset and leave with a personalised improvement plan to implement with your teams back at work.
|About the Chair: Hayley Lewis
|Hayley is an award-winning psychologist with 20 years’ experience in the field of organisational and business psychology.
Prior to setting up her own business, Hayley spent 11 years leading various local government services, such as organisational development; ICT strategy; customer services; communications and digital transformation. During this time, she won national recognition for her work on leadership development, culture change and digital transformation. Before this, Hayley spent eight years at the BBC where she was an organisational psychologist working on culture change and leadership development.
Click here for more information.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome and Clarification of Learning Objectives
10:00 - 11:00
What is a Growth Mindset?
- Learn the key theory behind what a growth mindset is
- Understand the difference between a growth vs fixed mindset
- Why having a growth mindset is important to fostering adaptability and resilience in the workplace
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Assessing Your Own Mindset
- Identify the traits which make up your current mindset
- Compare and contrast a range of different mindsets
- Highlight and understand the strengths and benefits of having a growth mindset
12:00 - 12:45
Benefits and Opportunities of Adopting a Growth Mindset
- Discover the advantages of flexibility and how to master knowledge
- Using goal-setting methods to ensure growth and development, both personally and within your team
- How to perceive setbacks as an opportunity to learn rather than a lack of ability
- Utilising hindsight, logical assessment and emotional reactions to lead with
13:45 - 14:45
Developing Mindsets in Your Teams
- Setting challenging goals which are both specific and public
- Suggestions for actions to cultivate a growth mindset among your team members
- Fostering a culture of reward and recognition to boost performance, motivation and morale
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop: Create an Action Plan for Developing Your Mindset
Work with the trainer to discuss and develop a personalised action plan to develop your own mindset and discover best ways to ensure your teams can also benefit from developing a growth mindset
- Embed the day’s learning and develop a personal self-improvement plan to implement back at work
- Leave with the tangible benefits of adopting a growth mindset, including greater confidence to tackle difficult circumstances with an open mind
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor, St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.