The public sector are already adopting digital technology, such as Artificial Intelligence and “Internet of Things”, to help deliver more effective services for their customers. However, the House of Commons Science and Technology Committee Digital Skills 2016 report, shows that there is still a significant skills gap.
It is now more critical that you, as managers, embrace digital to bring about organisational change that drives business performance, efficiency and enhance the customer experience.
Through a series of interactive workshops and a best practice case study this Delivering Digital Transformation course will help you: horizon scan the future of digital transformation; communicate your digital strategy; manage teams through the digital transformation process; and implement a digital transformation strategy.
Attend this Delivering Digital Transformation course to gain the necessary digital strategy and leadership skills, to ensure your organisation successfully embraces digital.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:00
Trainer’s Welcome & Introduction
10:00 - 11:00
Workshop I: Horizon Scanning and Digital Transformation
In this interactive session, delegates will horizon scan the digital landscape.
- Map the digital landscape with the trainer and peers
- Benchmark your organisation’s digital strategy again best practice example
- Assess and overcome the challenges to digital transformation
- Gain the latest updates on the “the cloud”, “big data”, “internet of things” and “Artificial Intelligence (AI)”
- Learn how to use strategic mapping tools
- Identify your key digital objectives with the trainer and peers
- Understand your users’ needs and prioritise accordingly
11:00 - 11:15
11:15 - 12:00
Best Practice Case Study: Digital Transformation in Action
Learn best practice from Aylesbury Vale District Council, which won Digital Transformation of the Year at the Professional Service Management Awards 2017.
- Gain best practice from a public sector organisation, which has made £4 million worth of savings by moving to the cloud
- Learn how to implement a digital transformation strategy
- Overcome common pitfalls to implementing digital transformation
- Learn how to adopt AI
- Create a more effective digital vision
12:00 - 13:00
Workshop II: Communicating Your Digital Strategy
In this interactive workshop, delegates will learn how to communicate their digital strategy to key stakeholders.
- Communicate your strategy to key decision-makers to obtain senior level buy-in
- Learn how to effectively pitch and position a strategic vision to colleagues by using influencing tools and techniques
- Apply persuasive techniques for digital transformation
- Engage with staff and other stakeholders by using stakeholder analysis
- Utilise management tools to identify how to best work with stakeholders to achieve strategic goals
14:00 - 15:00
Workshop III: Managing Teams to Deliver Digital Services
In this interactive workshop, delegates will learn how to deliver digital services for their organisation.
- Increase the digital proficiency of your teams
- Create more agile procedures to allow feedback from employees
- Encourage innovative thinking that focuses on outputs
- Build diversity into your teams and organisation
15:00 - 16:00
Workshop IIII: Delivering Digital Transformation
- Develop an action plan to implement your digital strategy
- Engender your organisation and key stakeholders to your digital transformation plan
- Ensure that your digital transformation strategy is sustainable
- Apply the key principles of risk management and contingency planning
- Develop KPI’s to monitor the impact of your digital transformations strategy
16:00 - 16:15
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
etc. Venues – Marble Arch, London
86 Edgware Road
020 7793 4200
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]