With the funding levy for delivering apprenticeships coming into effect in April 2017 and the government offering co-investment for non-levy paying employers to share the cost of training and assessing of their apprentices, now is the time to look at how to establish a successful apprenticeship programme.
Our Delivering Apprenticeships course is designed to provide you with guidance on the current policy and funding arrangements, learn how to attract the right apprentices for your organisation, how to balance on and off-the job training and how to develop your organisation’s culture so that apprentices can thrive.
Attend this timely and interactive course to gain the tools necessary to design and deliver a successful apprenticeship programme within your organisation. Through best practice case studies and an interactive workshop, explore how to overcome staff development challenges, maximise retention and progression of apprentices and leave with a personalised action plan for your organisation.
Chair’s Welcome & Clarification of Learning Objectives
Apprenticeship Policy and Funding
- The introduction of the apprenticeship levy: feedback so far
- Examine how to access funding for apprenticeship training including different funding bands
- Understand eligibility for the apprenticeship levy, co-investment support for costs and how best to use these allowances
- Delivering higher-level apprenticeships such as Level 7 standard qualifications
Case Study: Establishing an Apprenticeship Programme
In 2017, Pinetree Enterprises Ltd was the regional London and the South East winner of “Small Employer of the Year” at the National Apprenticeships Awards
- Ensure your apprenticeship provision meets sector need and demand
- Co-ordinate relationships between training providers, local authorities and businesses to enhance learning
- Learn how to attract and retain the best apprentices
Quality Assurance of Apprenticeships
- Demonstrate the strengths of your skills provision for accreditation
- Learn from trailblazers to implement successful apprenticeship standards
- How to evidence vocational and technical qualification quality assurance
- Review effective preparation and execution for contract for services
- Regulating end-point assessments and Ofqual’s approach to regulation
- Ensuring validity, reliability and comparability
Case Study: Creating an Environment for Apprentices to Thrive
- Learn how to ensure high levels of apprenticeship progression and retention
- Develop a progressive working environment and ensure your current staff are able to support new apprentices
- How to manage the 20% off-the-job training requirement
- Gain tips on devising a strategy for apprenticeship feedback, evaluation and development
Workshop: Developing a Successful Apprenticeship Programme
- Establish best practice with peers on designing a successful apprenticeship scheme
- Create marketing strategies to attract candidates with the right qualifications to apply for an apprenticeship at your organisation
- Select the right training provider to partner with
- Engage with your staff regarding the benefits of apprentices joining the organisation
- Take away an action plan based on expert guidance and peer knowledge-sharing
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available