By developing better contract management capabilities, your organisation can significantly improve the services it delivers and maximise its resources.
With the public sector spending £250 billion on goods and services each year, developing the core competencies for effective contract management could significantly boost savings and cost-effectiveness.
On this A Guide to Successful Contract Management course, you will develop the knowledge and skills needed to successfully manage the contract process through to completion.
This one-day course is led by supply chain management consultant, Martin Murphy, who has been involved in over £1 billion of successful public sector tenders and contracts, at both sides of the process. Practical and interactive, the course is built around a series of engaging case-studies.
Trainers' Welcome and Introduction
The Principles of Successful Contract Management
- Identify the different types of contract
- The benefits of contract management for the public sector
- Understand the contract management cycle of activities
- Establish clarity of terms and obligations
Contract Administration and Governance
- What needs to be done before the contract is signed
- The power shift
- Identifying risk and preventing further problems later in the contract process
- Successfully exiting a contract
Strategic Relations Management: Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
- The importance of good relationships in the supply chain
- Develop contract negotiation skills to secure beneficial outcomes
- Recognise how to foster positive relationships amongst all parties
- Effective change management and dispute resolution
- Motivating internal and external parties
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 1
- Analyse contract value, length, complexity and level of risk
- Effectively monitor and benchmark costs and performance
- Identify the potential for obstacles, risk and challenges
- Maximising and identifying savings and efficiencies
Monitoring, Performance and Quality Assessment in the Contract Process - Part 2
- When and how best to re-evaluate and restructure the terms of a contract
- Manage arising situations and contract variations
- Achieving mutual gains for effective contract management
- Ensuring that contractual obligations have been sufficiently met
Contract Review and Post-Contract Progress
- The link to future contracts
- Recognise the core competencies for effective contract management
- Accurate reporting
Feedback, Evaluation & Close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email [email protected] after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to [email protected] or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 2 weeks, 1 week and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected] with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Speakers presentations are sent a week after the event date. Please contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or [email protected] if it has been more than a week.
A: Yes, all our venues have the latest technology, offer full audio visual support and WI-FI.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email [email protected]
Group booking discounts available