This one-day practical, interactive and virtual course has been designed especially for women in the workplace. It focuses on developing and embodying the essential skills needed to create impact and communicate with confident credibility.
This Confident Communication for Women in the Workplace course offers a highly effective toolkit of transformative, performance-based techniques, involving the body, breath, and voice.
Explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge, and confidence.
This toolkit can be practiced repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility, and nascent leadership capacities.
|About the Trainer: Anne Walsh
|Anne Walsh is a Dialect, Voice and Vocal Communications Coach with extensive one-to-one and group business coaching experience in the private, corporate, public and charitable sectors with clients from the fields of Finance, Law, HR, Music, Publishing, Politics, Property, Local Government, Psychotherapy, Science, Medicine, Media, Art, Health and Well-being, IT, Teaching, Accountancy, Consultancy, Interior Design, Fashion, Journalism, Research, Secretarial and Administration, Higher Education (Lecturers and MA\PhD students.)
She was Voice and Communications Trainer at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama from 2008-2012 and designed and delivered in-house training in London, nationally, and in Europe, Jordan and India.
Anne also works on Film, TV and Theatre production as a Dialogue and Accent coach.
09:15 - 09:45
09:45 - 10:15
Generating Presence – The Science Behind It
- Confidence and assertiveness: how to build a resonant, physical presence
- Creating the conditions for credibility
10:15 - 10:45
Be Present to Have Presence!
- Owning and naming your strengths and positive attributes
- Role play: Presenting yourself from a position of healthy self-esteem
10:45 - 11:45
Developing the Tool Kit
- Body, breath, voice, equals personal power
- Breath is the key to relaxed, poised credibility
- Voice and vocal performance skills – pitch, pause, and pace for maximising credibility
- Acting as if: performance skills for high-status and credibility – presentation & public speaking
- Role play: Archetypal high-status – the language of rhetoric
11:45 - 12:00
12:00 - 13:00
Finding Your Feet to Speak Up in Meetings
- Roleplay: Speaking with clarity of intention and impact in meetings
13:45 - 14:15
Flexing between different communication styles: flexibility is the key
- Credibility versus approachability
- Avoiding self-sabotage in your language – using persuasive influential language
- Reading your team – understanding their communication preferences
- Role play: Promotion – speaking to your new team and having higher status conversations
14:15 - 14:45
Handling difficult individuals with confidence
- Having difficult conversations – techniques that work
14:45 - 15:00
15:00 - 15:45
Stepping up and owning your status
- Role play: Job Interviews
15:45 - 16:00
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are tuck – consciously welcoming change
- Build a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on your course
16:00 - 16:15
Evaluation, Feedback and close
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.
A: Why not contact a member of the UMG team on 0800 542 9440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.