SOLD OUT – VIEW ALL AVAILABLE DATES AND LOCATIONS
This one-day, interactive, practical course has been designed especially for women in the workplace. It focuses on developing and embodying the skills needed to create an impact and communicate with confidence and credibility.
This Confident Communication for Women in the Workplace course offers a highly effective toolkit of transformative, performance-based techniques, involving the body, breath, and voice. These will be practiced and then applied to different communication settings and role-play scenarios to enable you to develop greater flexibility and choice in how you react and communicate.
Explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge, and confidence.
This toolkit can be practiced repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility, and nascent leadership capacities.
|About the Trainer: Anne Walsh
|Anne Walsh is a Dialect, Voice and Vocal Communications Coach with extensive one-to-one and group business coaching experience in the private, corporate, public and charitable sectors with clients from the fields of Finance, Law, HR, Music, Publishing, Politics, Property, Local Government, Psychotherapy, Science, Medicine, Media, Art, Health and Well-being, IT, Teaching, Accountancy, Consultancy, Interior Design, Fashion, Journalism, Research, Secretarial and Administration, Higher Education (Lecturers and MA\PhD students.)
She was Voice and Communications Trainer at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama from 2008-2012 and designed and delivered in-house training in London, nationally, and in Europe, Jordan and India.
Anne also works on Film, TV and Theatre production as a Dialogue and Accent coach.
09.15 - 09.45
09.45 - 10.15
Generating Presence: The Science Behind It
- How to build a resonant, physical presence
- Creating the conditions for credibility
10.15 - 10.45
Be Present to Have Presence!
- Owning and naming your strengths and positive attributes
- Role play exercise: Presenting yourself from a position of healthy self-esteem
10.45 - 11.45
Developing the Tool Kit
- Body, breath, voice equals personal power
- Breath is the key to relaxed, poised credibility
- Voice and vocal performance skills: pitch, pause and pace used to maximise credibility
- ‘Acting as if’: Performance skills for high status and credibility
- Role play: Archetypal high status
11.45 - 12.00
12.00 - 13.00
Finding Your Feet to Speak Up in Meetings
- Role play exercise: Speaking with clarity of intention and impact in meetings
13.45 - 14.15
Role Play Exercise: ‘Promotion: Speak to Your New Team’
- Resonant versus dissonant leadership
- Flexing between different communication styles – flexibility is the key
- Avoiding self-sabotage in your language
- Using persuasive influential language
- Reading your team: understanding their communication preferences
14.15 - 14.30
The Power of Persuasive Language: Rhetoric
- Be more persuasive by using rhetoric
- Understand what rhetoric to use
14.30 - 14.45
Risking Spontaneity: Establishing Presence and Flexibility in Your Communication Style
14.45 - 15.00
15.00 - 15.30
Stepping Up and Owning Your Status
- Role play exercise: Job interviews
15.30 - 15.45
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identifying areas where we are stuck – consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Selecting realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
16.00 - 16.15
Feedback and Close
Jurys Inn Cardiff
1 Park Place
Cardiff CF10 3UD
0161 774 2983
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Yes. Simply email email@example.com after you have booked the course, with your Purchase Order Number. Please quote your order number and the course you are booked onto.
A: Yes, a two-course hot buffet is served at lunch. Tea and coffee are served throughout the day.
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.
A: Cancellations must be received in writing 30 working days before the date of the event and will be subject to a £195+VAT administration fee. Cancellations received after this time will be subject to the full delegate fee.