This virtual course has been designed for women who work in the public sector. It focuses on developing and embodying the essential skills needed to create impact and communicate with confident credibility.
This Confident Communication for Women in the Workplace course offers a highly effective toolkit of transformative, performance-based techniques, involving the body, breath, and voice.
This toolkit can be practiced repeatedly to enable you to increase your sense of personal power, credibility, and nascent leadership capacities.
Through the use of virtual breakout rooms, this course incorporates group role play scenarios that explore flexing between different communication styles and language choices to assist you in communicating assertively, from a position of personal power, knowledge, and confidence.
From the comfort of your own home, practice speeches and receive expert and individual advice from the trainer.
Unlocking the Power of Virtual
Our virtual courses have been designed with you in mind. From group exercises in breakout rooms to live chat, whiteboards and interactive polls, we use a range of tools and techniques to ensure that you can connect with your trainer; network and share best practice with your peers and leave the day with the skills you need.
Our courses provide you with an interactive and engaging learning environment that can be accessed from any location, helping you to continue to connect, learn and grow. Click here to discover more!
Please note we will use Zoom to virtually deliver this course.
|About the Trainer: Anne Walsh
|Anne Walsh is a Dialect, Voice and Vocal Communications Coach with extensive one-to-one and group business coaching experience in the private, corporate, public and charitable sectors with clients from the fields of Finance, Law, HR, Music, Publishing, Politics, Property, Local Government, Psychotherapy, Science, Medicine, Media, Art, Health and Well-being, IT, Teaching, Accountancy, Consultancy, Interior Design, Fashion, Journalism, Research, Secretarial and Administration, Higher Education (Lecturers and MA\PhD students.)
She was Voice and Communications Trainer at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama from 2008-2012 and designed and delivered in-house training in London, nationally, and in Europe, Jordan and India.
Anne also works on Film, TV and Theatre production as a Dialogue and Accent coach.
09:25 - 09:30
09:30 - 09:45
Ice Breaker and Clarification of Learning Objectives
- The Chair will discuss delegate experiences to identify personal objectives for the day and tailor the course to specific requirements
09:45 - 10:15
Generating Presence – the Science Behind It
- How to build a resonant, physical presence
- Create the conditions for credibility
10:15 - 10:45
Be present to Have Presence!
- Owning and naming your strengths and positive attributes
- Role-play: Presenting yourself from a position of healthy self-esteem
10:45 - 11:45
Developing the Toolkit
- Delegates will have the opportunity to practise and deliver a line from a speech back to the trainer and the wider group to receive bespoke coaching.
- Body, breath, voice, equals personal power
- Breath is the key to relaxed, poised credibility
- Voice and vocal performance skills – pitch, pause, and pace for maximising credibility
- Acting as if: Performance skills for high-status credibility
- Role play: Archetypal high-status – the language of rhetoric
11:45 - 12:00
12:00 - 13:00
Finding Your Feet to Speak Up in Meetings
- Speaking with clarity of intention and impact in meetings: role play exercise
13:45 - 14:00
- Trainer will review the day’s learning and the next stages of the course
- Delegates will have time to ask questions and share views with one another
14:00 - 14:30
Promotion: Speak to Your New Team: Role Play Exercise
- Resonant versus dissonant leadership
- Flexing between different communication styles: flexibility is the key
- Avoiding self-sabotage in your language
- Reading your team – understanding their communication preferences
14:30 - 14:45
The Power of Persuasive Language: Rhetoric
- Be more persuasive by using rhetoric
- Understand what rhetoric to use
15:00 - 15:15
Establishing Presence and Flexibility in Your Communication Styles: Risking Spontaneity
15:15 - 15:45
Stepping Up and Owning Your Status
- Identify best practices to support preparing for an interview
- Understand what it means to be present in the moment to communicate in ways that are both flexible and spontaneous
15:45 - 16:00
- Recognising and naming your strengths and weaknesses with objectivity
- Identify areas where we are stuck – consciously welcoming change
- Building a practical plan going forward
- Select realisable, achievable goals and objectives stemming from your learning on the course
16:00 - 16:15
Round Up and Key Takeaways
A: Company Name: Govnet Communications
Company Address: 3rd Floor, St James Building, Oxford Road, Manchester M1 6PP
A: Unfortunately, we do not accept provisional bookings. Registrations are subject to our terms and conditions. View terms and conditions here
A: Special dietary requirements can be catered for, please ensure you include this in the further information box when registering your place. If you have forgotten to add this, you can also send your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 542 9440. Please let us know as soon as possible so we can ensure your needs are met.
A: You will receive the joining instructions and reminders, 6 weeks, 2 weeks and 3 days before the course date. Please check your spam box to see whether the joining instructions were sent there, if not please call 0800 542 9440 so we can have these sent to you immediately.
A: Substitutions may be made at any time but must be made no later than 48 hours prior to the event. Please call 0800 542 9440 or email email@example.com with the replacement's details.